Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Mountview

Residents of Mountview are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Reviews of Mountview

Posted by Nazareth1 April 22, 2014
3.0

The building of Mountview was very old, and they were refurbishing it. The rooms and dining room were also old. They said that they had activities and programs, but I didn’t participate. I didn’t see anything special about the place.

Posted by Susan73384650 January 31, 2014
4.0

My mother moved in last August to Mountview. It was chosen because it had a warm and welcoming feeling when we walked in. Everyone on the staff greeted us with a smile. Based on what the executive director and the marketing person told us, it looked like it was going to fit all of my mother's needs from the moment she moved in until the end of her life. The rooms are fantastic. They're bright and clean. She has two rooms and two bathrooms plus a patio. Of all the places, that's really the only place that's going to suit all of her needs and they have done that. My mother has declined quite a bit in a few months that she has been there and they really have catered to her needs. She doesn't have any really health issues, she's just really old. Regarding food though, when there was a chef when we first moved my mother in, the food was very good. However, he has since left and the food is really bad now. For activities, they have bingo, music trivia, movie trivia, and those kinds of things. They often have some entertainment. They have something going on several times every single day. The residents really seem to like that. They do a good job with that. The activity directors are great. All the caregivers are wonderful as well. However, I don't think the executive director does a good job.

Posted by KatV January 25, 2014
1.0

Do not place your parent in this facility if he or she has more than moderate health issues. I would say this place is best for elderly persons who are no longer able to cook or otherwise maintain their homes, but are in reasonably good health for their age.

My brother and I specified, verbally and in writing, what type of care our mother would need before she was admitted. We were assured her needs would be met. They were not, and from what I witnessed, she was not alone.

My mother, with moderate dementia, was subjected to haphazard bathing, sores, infections, and rough treatment by at least one "caregiver" that I witnessed. They consistently gave her the wrong incontinence care products, forgot to give her her glasses and hearing aids, and lost her wheelchair ("But she's doing fine with her walker!" the executive director told me. That's when I complained to corporate and they finally coughed up a check for a replacement).

I got complaints from the head nurse about her "wandering," even though my brother and I specified beforehand that this was an issue. When the doctor recommended that my mother be given daily ear drop treatments, I gave the solutions to the nurse's station and asked if a nurse could possibly do the treatments. The nurse on duty laughed at me.

We agreed to put her in the dementia care unit several times a week. During one visit, two caregivers assisted my mother in the restroom, although she did not need such assistance. When they did so, there were no caregivers at all in the common area. One resident leaned forward from her wheelchair until her head hit the table. I gently eased her back to sit up. She then did it again, and I repeated the action.

I witnessed residents repeatedly calling for someone to wheel them into the dining room at dinner time, and I assisted.

The executive director, who proudly displays her diploma from the online University of Phoenix on her wall, was consistently less than patient with my requests and complaints. I'm sure I was not easy, but it was our mother's life -- and her and our finances -- that was in Mountview's hands, so no, I have no patience with her impatience.

My mother is now in hospice care at home. My brother and I have agonized over our decision to have placed her at Mountview -- which was recommended by a local hospital. We did what we thought was best, but taking her out of there was the best decision of all.

Posted by Marcia13 December 13, 2013
4.0

Mountview seemed much more equipped for only assisted living rather than the more critical care nursing that would sometimes be required. It was homey enough.

Posted by caringLi1 August 27, 2013

It was very nice at Mountview Senior Living but it didn't have any outdoor space. It had a really nice dining facility; it was very clean. People were really nice, knowledgeable, and very professional. The facility was just all enclosed and I didn't think that would be good for my dad.

Posted by Elizabeth20 August 01, 2013
3.0

The best thing about Mountview Retirement was that it was nearby and it was in a safe and quite neighborhood. The staff and environment were not overwhelming but they were fine. I thought the food was okay. The level of activities seemed fine. It was certainly an option if my mother-in-law would want to move in. But perhaps they could improve on the food and the levels and quantity of activities.

Posted by R2Here2 November 08, 2012
4.0

Reception was warm and positive, facility was clean and well kept. Most importantly, however, my grandmother found it an acceptable compromise between assistance living and hands off. She's a very independent person, and Mount View accommodated her needs.Rooms were in good condition and well kept. No dinginess that was a memory of other assisted living facilities. Mount View appeared to take pride in their facility and their caretakers. Staff was courteous and helpful, and grandmother reports they continue to be so after she is on her own. This is key at assisted living facilities: many have issues with public vs. private performance. Food served at Mount View seemed acceptable. Grandmother has had no complaints to date, which is a minor miracle she complains about everything. Variety seems fine. Facilities (dining area, room dining, etc.) are great, and allow for any degree of personal interaction she wishes for. Common area interactions also seem upbeat and interesting, helping keep her involved in the world and from withdrawing. Overall, Mount View has met and exceeded our expectations, providing a helping hand in supporting a spirited elderly woman.

Location of Mountview