Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From Maris Grove

Delaware County Personal Care at Renaissance Gardens provides extra support for day-to-day living. Our compassionate team can help you or your loved one with meal preparation, medication management and other tasks. It's the perfect way to feel independent, while receiving the assistance you need.

All residents enjoy a private room. Plus, unlike other Delaware County personal care options, you're welcome to bring your own decor and personal belongings. Best of all, Renaissance Gardens residents are free to enjoy the wealth of activities on the Maris Grove campus.

Reviews of Maris Grove

Posted by Caring79852450 April 21, 2014

I liked Maris Grove very much. The accommodations were spacious and terrific. What I liked the best was the largest one, which was the most expensive one that I couldn't afford. It had two bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, a dining room, and a family room. I was not sure, but I thought it had two full baths. The people were very nice. I was treated very well by the staff. The food was very good, and the dining room was well appointed. I think they had woodshop, aerobics class, and so many other activities.

Posted by Caring73212650 February 27, 2014

The tour we had at Maris Grove was nice but be found that it was not really the right place for my mom. It was a very beautiful place. It was an assisted living and they had all level of cares, which could go up to skilled nursing if needed. I loved it and my mom loved it too. However, it was geared for somebody much more able to handle such a large complex and still be very independent. My mother is pretty independent still, but a smaller place was definitely better for her

When we were invited there, we were invited for a lunch and a tour. Maris Grove was very nice and the apartments were beautiful. The staff was very nice. The food was very delicious and they had several restaurants. They had more activities than in the one my mom's in right now. They had huge complex, they had different clubs that people could belong to and the residents themselves run like gardening. They go on trips to various places.

My mother had a deposit there for a couple of years. However, when the time came for her to actually move in, we just had to evaluate if it was still the right place for her and my mother wasn't able to handle such a large complex. So, for her simpler is better that's why we choose the place she's now.

Posted by Caring68739050 October 09, 2013

Maris Grove is a very nice facility. I really like it, but I'm just not ready to make that commitment yet. The place is very clean. The people there are very friendly. I was able to eat there and the food was excellent. The apartments are also beautiful.

Posted by Robert31 June 22, 2013
4.0

Maris Grove was very nice but it was a purchase program where you had to buy the apartment. It was not on lease and you had to put a lot of money on it. The environment was great and it was clean. I would have no problem if the payment was reasonable like a monthly fee. We were well-informed during our visit.

Posted by Gambino34 September 13, 2012
4.0

My grandfather always had nice things to say about this place. I know some places are all show and might not follow through on their ads, but this one seemed pretty clean and had a friendly staff. My grandfather used to borrow books from the "library" all the time and would make playful fun of the other "old people" in the room trying to read. I know he enjoyed the events that they had as well, although he thought the food could have been better. His room was spacious and comfortable. He had a large shower with a handle that was also wheelchair accessible, so he didn't have to wait for help unless he wanted it. I was afraid he'd feel stifled in a place like this, but he flourished with the ability to talk and socialize with other people his age. They took good care of him and I know he was happy there.

Posted by Liv1 May 30, 2012
4.0

There are may positives to the experience. I think the residents, including my parents, seem very happy with the abundance of services there--hobby clubs including a model train club, exercise groups and exercise facilities, art studios, etc. Also, my dad had a heart attack and was able to pull the cord in his bathroom and get help that probably saved his life. They have other safety devices in place for the residents as well which I think are really important. The facilities seem very clean and the grounds are well kept. But there are some negatives. The waitstaff in the dining area are all teenagers and they often don't know what they're doing. The dining halls can become ridiculously crowded and I think the food served there is not always the healthiest, but they might try to mimic the choices older generations are comfortable and familiar with. But on the plus side again, the amenities probably make up for it. There are also doctors on staff and a hair salon, and the residents can walk from building to building in above ground tunnels which is very convenient in bad weather. The apartments are spacious and nice and you can request cleanings when needed.

Location of Maris Grove