Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Winters Park Assisted Living And Memory Care

Posted by Mary Littlejohn June 07, 2013

We went to Winter's Haven because my mom has friends in there. It was absolutely fabulous. We couldn't ask for anymore. It was very pleasant and people in there looked happy. I thought the staff was overly friendly. They would pop their heads from the other rooms even as we were walking down the hall, and I thought that showed a lot of compassion. The only thing that was discouraging to me was knowing that the rooms they were getting are small and it just seems so hard to go to a little room. That's the only down thing I saw.

Posted by squidyak April 25, 2012

We got to know the residents personally over the course of a year, and the residents commented that they enjoyed staying at this facility. The staff seemed to be courteous to us and to the residents, they treated the residents with respect as older individuals, and were willing to help us help them. The inside environment is relaxing, welcoming, and enjoyable, and we saw family members come each week to visit with their relatives in different areas of the lobby. There is a courtyard with patio seating, a fireplace or two, and a small exercise room suited for group exercise. There are kind, attentive individuals working in the dining room, and the food is pretty good. They have ample activities for the residents to enjoy, and one man commented that he saw no need to leave the facility because "the entertainment is here." The front staff care to get to know you and care that you have come to visit or to offer emotional support to one of their residents. The only negative thing we encountered was an occasional lack of communication between the director of activities and other staff members. The residents said they would recommend this location to their friends.

Posted by Kathy Howk November 23, 2011
4.0

Winter park assisted living and memory care is located at 3450 wagon wheel. Garland, Texas. 75044. My mother in law. Lived there and they were good to her! Could use a little more staff, but they always did good! Now she is in the nursing home part of winter park which is next door. Hospice has been alot of help too.

Location of Winters Park Assisted Living And Memory Care