Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of The Village

Posted by Jean35 February 26, 2014

The young lady that we visited with at The Village was wonderful. She was young, she was cute, she was professional. It was very quiet there. We didn’t have an opportunity to visit with any of the residents because we didn't see any. The rooms are very small but they do have a lot of nice things. They have a very nice pool, they have a nice exercise room. They have a dog walk and a little fenced-in area for your dogs and we have a dog but it's very nice. I don't like the little rooms. They might grow bigger but when I first looked at them, they looked mighty small.

Posted by Caring77086150 January 31, 2014

My mother has settled in The Village. She was at their independent living area and then moved to assisted living. She wanted to be there because their service is of great quality. The rooms are very nice and of decent size. The facility offers very good service. The staff are very caring and personable. I haven’t tried their food, but mom says it's good. Their dining room is very nice and very high class. I know they have a lot of activities for different interests.

Posted by george1111 January 08, 2014
1.0

The Village is constantly raising prices with no justification. Every time Social Security goes up they raise their prices to cancel it. The food is subpar. The current Management yells a lot, I have seen him raise his voice to residents and employees. He has not solved the food situation only made it worse. But the employees have a nice new basketball hoop! I would never recommend this to anyone.

Posted by Caring0807132 August 15, 2013

If I had to go into an assisted living facility, I'd probably go to The Village. They have a variety of places you can go to. They have a little cottage available or you can get a big apartment. If you needed assisted living, the rooms were big enough; you could turn around in them. They have a very big cafeteria and the food looked very good.

Posted by Anita0269?? July 30, 2013

My parents lived in The Village for a year. The facility was fantastic. I mean it was a model-type facility. The main difference was the dignity of the people who live there and how they were treated. The staff addressed their residents as "Mr." and "Mrs." not as by their first names. They way they treat their residents was terrific. What they offer their residents for entertainment was what you would expect someone of an adult stature to have. They would take them, for instance, to symphonies or they would have speakers come in and give talks of things that were interesting and stimulating. Their food also was terrific.

Posted by hailthepanda December 04, 2012
4.0

The staff was very friendly and warm towards us, but they seemed somewhat stressed towards the residents. Almost as if they were just "doing their jobs" and didn't really want to connect with any of the residents. The inside if the facilities were somewhat drab and run down. It could definitely do with some renovations. The other residents were all very nice and seemed like they were having a decent enough stay there. I saw a lot of families visiting their loved ones, which is always a good sign to me. The food from the cafeteria was very decent quality and very palatable, but I suspect that it's not the food they are always served considering the look of surprise on some of the residents faces upon receiving their meals. Overall, my impression was one of both positive and negative views, but my grandmother seems to enjoy her stay their and in the end that is all that matters to me.

Posted by SuperSteph May 30, 2012

The Village is a fantastic facility. The rooms are adequate in size, well-insulated for air conditioning, heat, and sound. Although I have come to expect it from other facilities, there was no discernible smell of sickness or hygiene. The staff were all friendly, and seemed familiar with all the residents. There is a community board towards the front of the lobby that holds all the birthdays of residents, as well as a map with little pins in it indicating where everyone is from. I noticed that there are a lot of what we would refer to as 'snowbirds' here in Florida; that is people from very northern states and Canada. The elevators were easy to access, and everyone seemed genuinely happy to be doing whatever it is they were doing at the time. I noticed there is a salon for the ladies as well as a room with comfy looking couches and televisions labeled the 'Man Cave' where I assume the gentlemen gather to watch sporting events. All in all, I really enjoyed my visit to the Villages and it is definitely a contender on the list of places I will bring my grandparents to consider living at.

Posted by L12 April 19, 2012

This community is very beautiful and ideal, though it is fairly expensive. It offers options ranging from retirement apartments with no assistance (only from the on-call nurse if needed, and you must be able to take the stairs in case of emergency) to full-time care, with a special facility for Alzheimer's patients that is very highly-regarded (Azalea Trace). The staff is very friendly, there are tons of activities from pool aerobics, day trips to do shopping, and the cafeteria food is quite good. My grandmother lived the last years of her life here and she packed more living into those few years than she had the previous 20, making many new friends and having many social activities. The biggest fear while living here was that she would run out of money and have to go to another facility, which fortunately did not occur. It is especially nice for couples, where if one of them is more ill than the other, they can still live in the same community but in different apartments with different levels of care and spend time with each other easily every day.

Posted by doglover1 January 21, 2012

Whenever I visited, whether it was a scheduled visit or unannounced, the staff and attendees were very conginial, respectful and welcoming. I have a grandma who was living there at the time and I was offered a tour of the facility while waiting to meet with my relative. I didn't even have to ask or wait very long before someone was with me showing me the different activities and rooms available for those who reside there. The facility is decorated with serenity in mind and has a very calming feel. They have different rooms with activities ranging from card games, board games, yoga and stretching as well as painting and art activity center. Once I finished the tour I went to have lunch with my grandmother. The first thing I noticed was that the food was quality food, with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and also everything was extremely clean, well-lit and organized. I had been worried that the food would be awful but I was surprised to find it was made daily by a chef and his staff and they tried to include greens and fruits in their lunchtime meal everyday. I was impressed by how smoothly things went and by how neat everything was. I was happy to know my grandma was in trustworthy hands.

Posted by Chelsea3 January 06, 2012
4.0

I visited the Villages Assisted living home and was very pleased. Their was an abundance of entertainment for the residents. Aerobics, Pilotes, Zumba, and a nature walk are all available to each resident. I watched waitresses clean up after every resident finished a meal. All of the employees were kind and very generous in giving their time to the residents. The flowers around the village as well as in were beautiful. The Village has three restaurants, plenty of food to choose from giving each person a variety of nutrients and choices. Activities were constantly being constructed. Board games, arts, intellectual, and more active activities were available. Everyone seems really connected with one another here. There were smiles all around, and a warm cozy aura. I have viewed other homes and none stand in comparison with The Village Assisting Living. I am excited already to retire. This place meets everyone's needs, even the staff.

Posted by 67water July 08, 2011
4.0

About 5 years ago, my family and I had determined that my grandmother, considering her health and age, needed to move into a retirement community. We did run into a few places and found one where she decided to live. At that residence, needless to say, it was horrible living. So we moved her to another retirement home, The Village. I can honestly say that The Village is the BEST retirement community in North Florida. The rooms are very well structured and the staff is amazing! The food is great and all the seniors are treated well. The only thing that is stopping me from giving them a 5 star is that they started moving in people with mental problems, which started to stress out my grandmother and others. But otherwise the place is great. My grandmother passed away recently and the staff at The Village came to the memorial. That tells me that the staff really cares about the seniors, and that means a lot. I give the Village four stars!

Posted by H0p3Hero June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

The facility seemed like a nice place to send a loved one. The staff was very friendly to the group I was touring with. The residents were having fun and seemed very social.

The location has good access to the interstate and it seemed visiting was something that they encouraged and very easy to do there.

I would recommend this facility to friends and family.

Location of The Village