Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Willow Wood

Willow Wood provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Ft. Lauderdale, FL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Willow Wood can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Willow Wood is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Ft. Lauderdale, FL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Reviews of Willow Wood

Posted by Wayne3 February 28, 2014
4.0

I've visited a few facilities and one of them is Willow Wood. I have only spoken to one staff and he was very cordial. I enjoyed speaking with him and I saw that he has developed a very good rapport to the residents. He knew all the residents by name. He took me on the tour and he showed me the whole property and I actually like the property myself. I like it because I can see that it was well maintained and very well-run community. I was very impressed with the ground outside. The apartment he showed me was very nice. It's also conveniently located for me if my mom were to go there. It's just a 10 to 15 minute drive from where I live. I was also able to see the different rooms where the different activities take place and the staff who took me on the tour pretty much described what they did there and I was impressed with the activity level also. The dining room is a nice room. I took my mom and my wife there and for some reason they weren’t overwhelmed with it.

Posted by Caring84398350 January 30, 2014

I spent a couple of months at Willow Wood. It's a nice place but the food wasn't so good. The people I made friends with over there, we went out to eat, lunch out all the time.

I was living there under independent living. It's like you're living in a hotel. You go there, get down to eat and that's it. They get you all washed if you want. I paid for my wash and I paid for somebody bathing my wife, that was additional. I had a beautiful room, the entertainment was good.

I have a daughter living on East Commercial so it's only about 15 to 20 minutes away from her. It's accessible, it's on Commercial Boulevard. Commercial is very familiar in Florida. It's right off the turnpike, it's very good parking. The location was perfect for me over there but with all that, they're doing a good business because there was a waiting list. To me, it looked like it was time to remodel the place or replace the furniture because when you walk in, you walk in to the main waiting area where everybody sits down after they have their lunch or dinner and they congregate. That could have been redone to make it a little more attractive.

Posted by Caring68115850 January 24, 2014
3.0

I toured five different places and I ended up choosing Willow Wood for my mom. We like it basically. There are some things that we don't like about it that aren't a big deal, but when you add up a lot of little deals, they become bigger. They are not that responsive to our maintenance needs especially in the beginning. Overall maintenance is good. The people who clean the apartments are really good and they're very sweet and nice. The whole staff is very, very nice. The food and the grounds are good. They do have transportation available, but it's not always convenient and it's ridiculously expensive.

Posted by Caring74469050 November 27, 2013
4.0

I visited Willow Wood because my mother used to live there. Also I had been there many times for many different things. The facility was nice and pretty because there is a lake around it. Its surroundings were very nice. The environment and their rooms were very nice as well. It was a nicely appointed place overall. They also seemed to have friendly people there. However, it was another big facility and I don't think my husband would be comfortable in large facilities like that.

Posted by Michelle37 October 26, 2013

Mom was at Willow Wood before she died and I had no complains about the facility. It was great. Mom fell in love with the place and so am I. She had a nice apartment which is big enough for her. The staff are very nice and accommodating. Their dining room is fantastic and the food is excellent. I think Willow Wood is the best and I would highly recommend this facility.

Posted by Caring71141150 October 09, 2013

The apartments are big here at Willow Wood. We can have our dog, too. The other ones that we looked at were very unappealing. This one's got big grounds to walk in. The staff is wonderful. We treat them really good and we get nice treatment in return. The food is good, too.

Posted by Linda67528250 August 28, 2013

I visited Willow Wood three times with my mother because that's the one I wanted for her. That one runs like a cruise ship. It is a wonderful place. Residents there are higher functioning and very active. Everybody that we talked to there has retired from something. My mom's commented that the place was too big and the people were too snooty, but they weren't. She just felt out of place. Their marketing director was so nice to us. The food was great. They have activities every hour. No matter what time of the day there, you can look at the bulletin board and there's always something that you can do to socialize. Their busses take the residents to plays, casinos, museums, etc.

Posted by Caring71213 July 24, 2013
3.0

Willow Wood was my second choice for my parents. When you walk in the front door it opens up pretty big and there's a sitting area with couch and chairs for people to have conversation and right behind that is the dining rooms which looks very inviting. Through the dining room you're looking out a lot of big windows and you have a big piece of property around the back with paved walkways and a lake. It was pretty inviting walking through the front door. The apartments are pretty dingy, small and outdated though.

Posted by Loving Daughter5 June 30, 2013
3.0

Willow Wood was fine, clean and the surroundings were elegant. The rooms were nice. The people there were very pleasant but it was too far for us.

Posted by Kathy39 June 29, 2013
3.0

Willow Wood was nice but it was way too far away.

Posted by Caring258 June 25, 2013

Willow Wood was a fine facility and it was clean. It was a small place and they have activities for the residents.

Posted by caring5032 March 28, 2013

My mother really liked Willow Wood. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. The rooms were large, spacious, and extremely well-kept. The whole facility was very clean. There were lots of group activities. The dining room was like a 5 star hotel. Of all the places that we've seen, it was by far the best.

My mother really liked that they provided transportation for her to visit her sister at a nursing home down about a mile away. They were just accommodating. The facility itself was not far from where my mother lives so she's familiar with the area. The price of accommodations was also reasonable.

Posted by The Lt.Col.'s Daughter from Birch Bay December 10, 2012
1.0

My Dad was living in Willow Wood's secure Dementia wing and his life drastically changed on 3/22/2010. The CNA in charge of my Dad and another resident,chose to move my Dad from the dining room table to a "bench/couch" to sit and wait and she turned her back to him to resume feeding the other resident..My Dad ended up face down on the floor and spent a week on life support. He survived and spent his last 2 years in a wheelchair and on a feeding tube. The Willow Wood Administrator "implied " by her answers to the Adult Protective Services Investigator that my Dad was responsible for leaving the table and so the staff was not at fault. The Nurse on duty spoke to me that night and told me exactly what happened. I waited a year to see the Adult Protective Services report. The nurse said there was "no blood" but my Dad required stitches over his eye. My Dad never got to enjoy aother meal and the trauma to his brain changed his life.I spoke to their corporate office VP and told her what actually happened. I never heard from anyone after that. I don't trust anyone who would implicate a resident for a staff member's negligent actions.I trusted my Dad to Willow Wood and the Admisistrator even stated in the report that she was surprised my Dad lived alone. She was the one who rented it to us! My Dad was treated with respect by the wonderful activities leader and a sweet CNA who got my Dad dancing everytime they had music.My Dad always enjoyed tapping his foot to the music and singing along with familiar old songs..not after that night!

Posted by BevDivision June 22, 2011
3.0

During my time when I was in search of a good facility for my aunt, I found a few good ones, a few bad ones and the ones in between. This place is the one in between. Nothing about this place really fascinated me. The people were nice, but I'm not sure if they were being genuine. I received a tour from one of the facility's staff members. She gave me a tour of the entire place, showing me the rooms, kitchen, common areas and the backyard area. She didn't seem very enthusiastic. The place looked like it needed a bit of work, but it wasn't too bad. I would like to get more information about this place.

Location of Willow Wood