Reviews of Halsted Place

Posted by AngryRelative November 12, 2012
2.0

We recently had to move my grandma from Halsted Place to a full time care facility. We soon discovered that her wedding ring, her diamond anniversary ring, a gold necklace and a pendant had all be stolen. We spoke to a neighbor and she told us that $250 of her money had been stolen too. She suspects the cleaning staff and so do we. We told the staff but they said they have had some similar complaints but there is not much they can do. Really, Halsted?? Try some security cameras or better screening or procedures for your staff.

Also, my grandma frequently complained about the food. She said that much of was not very tasty they don't vary the menu much.

Think twice about putting your loved one in here. At the very least, don't let them keep cash and/or valuables around.

Posted by myangels123 September 30, 2012

When I walked into the facility, I was amazed by the elegance of the lobby. The seating areas were laid out in a way that the residents could visit with friends or family and still have privacy. In fact, many residents were visiting and drinking coffee every time I entered the facility. The staff was always friendly, waiting with a smile and always ready to help. The apartments were very spacious and well planned. The entire building smelled very clean (as many assisted living facilities have an odd smell upon entering). The residents that I spoke with were very eager for their dinner, stating that the food was very good - just like if you were at a restaurant. The activities on that day were unique compared to other facilities I have been to. They offered BINGO, trip to supermarket, etc., same as every facility, but they also offered a Wii bowling tournament! The residents seemed very excited about this function. Halsted Place seemed to feel more like a vacation resort than it did an assisted living facility.

Posted by swmich July 23, 2012
3.0

This facility is conveniently located and easy to navigate. They have a buzzer entrance during non business hours and are staffed during business hours. Residents receive meals, housekeeping, activities as well as weekly trips to the supermarket. I found this Assisted Living to be overall adequate for the residents. The staff member that was there when I arrived was abrupt and impatient when I did not realize that I did not need to use the buzzer for the resident to enter during business hours. The resident that I was there to visit loves her home and is very appreciative of the transportation services as she is no longer driving. There was ample space in the common area for friends and family to visit and the room that I visited was spacious as well. The resident that I visited never misses a meal time and says that their food is very good. She feels as though this residence has allowed her to remain more independent then a nursing home but safer then she would be in her own home.

Posted by Kathryn L. December 07, 2011
4.0

Halsted Place is an upscale senior living residence with individual apartments for its residents. They provide a library, doctor's office, and beauty shop, as well as a dining room for meals and socializing. This facility offers frequent outings to various local malls and attractions, allowing those who live there to continue their normal activities while taking away some of the stress of living alone. Independence is valued and maintained, while medical and emotional needs are met on quickly and discreetly. My grandmother loves the social interaction she gets as well as the meals and the classiness of the building. She also appreciates the friendliness and flexiblity of the staff. They are quick to offer to help with any of the residents' need as well as to work with their friends and family when problems and special requests arise. Halsted Place's central location in metro Detroit gives visitors easy access. It is one of the best senior living centers in the area.

Location of Halsted Place