Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sterling House of Fairfield

Sterling House of Fairfield provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of Sterling House of Fairfield

Posted by Caring69756750 July 20, 2014
4.0

Sterling House seemed nice and the grounds were very pretty. The facility is pretty modern, and the price is a little higher. The staff was very nice and welcoming. It is near Mercy hospital and restaurants as well as shopping.

Posted by Mark37 June 17, 2014
4.0

My dad is at Sterling House of Fairfield. I would say the staff is about average. They're pretty good. The room is good. The dining room is nice. According to my dad, the food is average. In terms of activities, he is pretty much sealed to his room, but they're trying their best to bring him out, but he just doesn't do it. What I like best about this place is the people. They're really nice people. Also, my father likes this facility.

Posted by Caring75018150 December 31, 2013
3.0

I visited Sterling House. But when I got there, the girl that I had appointment with was not there and I ended up taking the tour with the maintenance man. I was not impressed. Everything was kind of smushed together like the dining area was in the front and it didn't really offer any privacy for the residents. It was just like a place to eat. They seemed to have more people sitting around in the area that were not independent. It really reminded me of a nursing home. It seemed like things were haphazard. May be it was the impression I have, but almost nobody were really following through with things. The lady called me and followed up afterwards, but the damage was done. I had very bad first impression and they need to work on that.

Posted by Caring75941950 December 30, 2013
4.0

I place my parents in Sterling House. It does not smell like urine. It is intimate and it is not overwhelmingly large. It is home like. The staff seems to be wonderful. They have a two-bedroom apartment with a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom with a small kitchenette. They have activities not that my parents participate but they do have activities.

Posted by billmonroe November 26, 2013
4.0

very nice, except for two items...rooms are vevery small, about 330 sq ft and the lounge/sitting room just inside the entrance is a gathering place for folks who are asleep, or just tired. makes a very jarring first impression. staff is very ploite and friendly, menu seems great. if you can do with a small room, its a nice place to be

Posted by Caring4648 September 10, 2013
4.0

My aunt's room at Sterling House is very nice and spacious. They have a sitting area, a bedroom, a full bath, and she has control in her air-conditioning. The staff was very nice. They have an activities director who is very personable and easy to deal with. At first I was worried that the people there were a little slower in moving around.

My aunt has dementia, but she has a good mind. She used to be a nurse, so she feels like she's useful there and that she's able to comfort some of the other patients. And she thinks she'll do well there. They also have a nice garden area in the middle, a sitting area, and a patio. As far as the sales team and administration, it was a little bit loose. But other than that, everything has been fine.

Posted by Caring0605242 June 27, 2013
3.0

My mom has been in Sterling House of Fairfield for three and a half years now. We chose this facility for her because she was allowed to have her dog. Overall, the facility is okay. They have lots of activities in this place and they serve very good food. Their nursing staff has been caring and their number is fairly consistent, however, their aides have too much turnover. The aides come and go so quickly, I don't think that's a good thing. Also their rooms need more cleaning.

Posted by Jorge1 May 12, 2013
3.0

The Sterling House of Fairfield could use an update because it was quite outdated. But everything was still very clean.

Posted by jonathan43571 December 22, 2012
3.0

I visited this facility with my Aunt and Uncle, and I would not recommend it. It's not horrible, but there are much better facilities in the area for your money. We found this place to just be "ok". The outside looked lovely, but inside, we found it a little stale and dated looking with the decorations. There wasn't as many activities and outings available as there were in other facilities we visited. We did not eat while we were there, but we did visit the dining area and the food looked edible, but not extremely appealing or healthy. The staff was very nice and friendly to us when we were there. That was the one positive experience when we visited.

Posted by JLange15 March 16, 2012
2.0

My Grandma was in this facility. It was very nice on the oustide with very nice decoration and flower. My granma had a stroke and was left paralyzed due to it. The staff APPEARED friendly but we had major issues. She was a smoker and several members of the staff would steal her cigarretes out of her room. Also other residents would take from there also. This was very frustrating for my mother and i. Also the food was horrid. I dont know how they were allowed to serve this food to actual people. All the glamor and decorations was a nice touch to this place. They had a nice courtyard and patio furniture. The staff would come at us with a smile and a fake face. This really angered my mom. She several times tried to stop this from happening but there was nothing we could do. I do not reccomend this.

Location of Sterling House of Fairfield