Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Gardens at Fair Oaks

Gardens at Fair Oaks
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Cindy25 June 29, 2013

The Gardens has residential as well as an adult day program and I would say it is an A++ place. The activities director is phenomenal and they have a variety of activities for everyone. They have socials, mass, and exercise every morning. It's a fantastic program. The food is great and it's just a wonderful place.

The staff is incredibly attentive and every single person working there is truly all about working with the elderly. They truly love their job and the people there. I would say it's the most caring staff I've ever seen anywhere. My mom's been going there since the end of April and she goes two days a week. She is having a great time there.

Gardens at Fair Oaks
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by Youngestdaughter October 03, 2012
3.0

My mother was a resident of the Gardens at Fair Oaks for over 2 and a half years until her recent passing. I was a very involved daughter and visited my mother almost everyday for the duration of her stay. I saw how the facility operated in the morning, afternoons and early evenings , on weekends and weekdays. The physical building is wonderful. It is kept very clean and attractive and there are multiple locations with comfortable couches/chairs or private dining areas for residents to enjoy on their own or with friends and family. There is always a nurse on staff round the clock which was a criteria of ours. Residents who are still somewhat independent and enjoy others' company will do well there. Unfortunately, my mother wasn't one who liked to be among 'strangers' and she did not enjoy all of the group activities. Because of this, the staff wasn't always sure how to deal with her. My mother was a fall-risk and when she was in her room on her own most of the time that was problematic for the staff and administration, as she did try to walk on her own using her walker. The 'easy' solution to this situation would have been for me to hire a private duty aide to be with my mother. The cost of this in addition to the facility itself was totally out of the question for our family. It is important to note that many of the residents at the Gardens have private duty aides at least 12 hours a day. This is encouraged by the administration to keep things running smoothly. If you have the money for that and your loved one is pleased by that constant companion, all is well. This was not possible for our family situation and it was a constant dialogue between myself and the administration/staff about keeping my mother safe from falling while respecting her wishes of privacy. On one occasion the staff changed my mother's personal care plan to include more group activities without my consent. This led to a change in my mother's mood and behavior. I must say that the nursing staff at the Gardens is by and large very good, in particular the evening (3 - 11pm) shift. The overall quality of the CNAs is just adequate. Not all CNAs are created equally. It is important for the family to be as involved as possible and keep a watchful eye on how their loved one is being cared for. I have rated this facility overall 3 stars, although 2 1/2 may be most accurate. I would give the direct care staff overall a 3 or 3 1/2. The administration I would give one star. The bottom line seems to be often more important than the consideration of what is best for each resident.

Location of Gardens at Fair Oaks