Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Sunrise of Wilmette

Located across the street from the police station, Sunrise of Wilmette is set in a residential neighborhood close to downtown Wilmette. We pride ourselves in exclusively providing care for those with memory impairment.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Reviews of Sunrise of Wilmette

Posted by Martha26 February 01, 2014
4.0

Sunrise looked very comfortable and cozy. It has a small number of residents and a lot of staff. It was very home like. The residents were very pleasant to each other. I think they're comfortable. They handle dementia patients very well. They didn't have as many events going on. But I presume because first of all there's a small group of people and second because those people tend to be pretty sick.

I can imagine liking it myself. But it wasn't big enough, didn't have enough people, and it wasn't exciting. They certainly have an emphasis on healthy food. But they didn't have a lot of pizzaz. That's not what most people are looking for, but that's what my friend was looking for.

Posted by Caring Grandson2 November 07, 2012

The first thing that I noticed was the amount of fresh cut flowers everywhere. The facility is absolutely lovely. My Grandmother suffers from memory loss so transitions are very hard for her. She was very nervous about staying at this facility but the staff immediately made her feel at home. Her room was comfortable and she was able to watch all of her favorite television shows in the common area. We live in the nearby Evanston area and Sunrise is just a short drive from Chicago.My Grandmother recovered and we were able to care for her again at the home. She had a very hard time transitioning back. I think part of this was due to the nice treatment that she received.I would recommend this facility to anyone interested in transitioning a loved on to an assisted living facility.

Posted by Dan7 July 11, 2012
4.0

The facility itself is very nice. The rooms are cleaned and dusted down daily by a local housekeeping service. While I do not venture very fare outside of the route to my friend's room, I see enough to know that the staff are always alert and ready to help the residents with anything they may need. The decorations are uplifting they stay true to the namesake of the assisted living home, using bright colors and clean backgrounds to create a lively atmosphere. I have visited the kitchens, and the food that the residents are served seems to be healthy, organic fare. They also offer special accommodations for residents with allergies, dietary restrictions, and the like. I have only one complaint: the facility is located next to a busy street with a large volume of thru traffic. I would imagine that this disturbs some of the patients, but my friend does not seem to be bothered by it.

Posted by arjayeph May 13, 2011
3.0

Visited this facility

I give Sunrise/Wilmette a neutral rating due to the fact that while it is an extremely nice place for some, the environment might be less than ideal, perhaps detrimental, for others. I say this because this small facility has a a genuinely "homey" atmosphere, the environment being very subdued and quiet. While this type of environment might well be appreciated by those who merely wish to relax and be comfortable, it is not at all suitable for those whose physical or mental ailments are causing them to withdraw from personal interaction or are wrestling with depression on any level.

Though the staff is cheery and seemingly dedicated, the overall atmosphere is notably more sombre than any other facility that I visited or with which I had experience. Again, while this might be ideal for those having troubles with anxiety or otherwise suffering from frayed nerves, that same calming influence would be undesireable for many individuals already troubled by their diminished facilities and reduced capabilities.

The environment is decidely sumptuous, with the air of a classical mansion, and the accommodations themselves are superior to many other facilities; however, the prices, while still less than some similar facilities, still clearly reflect this "luxury". Unfortunately, the apparant luxury is not particularly apparant from the menu, which seemed only marginally different from other, larger Sunrise locations. The small size of this residence precludes it from having any elaborate amenities that might otherwise serve to set it apart.

To summarize, it is a nice, quiet place in a nice, quiet suburban area. Though ideal for a certain niche of seniors, the atmosphere might be oppressive to many.

Location of Sunrise of Wilmette

Features of Sunrise of Wilmette

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours