Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Woodland Towers

Posted by Caring76556450 December 27, 2013

We did find a place for my parents. We have them at Woodland Terrace. We're really happy with it. The facility is clean. The price is phenomenal compared to what the other facilities are offering. The location though is not that great and they don't have a walking trail or garden. It's a little bit more urban there, but those are secondary because my father can't walk very well. This place is really wonderful. Their chef is a rockstar! The food there is so good. You can even go over and eat with them anytime and it's $4. For Thanksgiving, it was $10 for the holiday dinner. We can have the traditional turkey or coconut shrimp. We went there and we had the Thanksgiving coconut shrimp. They also served wine. It's a really nice place. Everybody there is happy. As for activities, they have the usual bingo, bridge, and stretch and flex every morning which is very popular. They also have Bible studies. They have a chapel and they rotate the different denominations through there. They do have a workout room but it is very outdated and nobody uses it. It's not an issue to us though. For accommodations, my parents ended up with a two-bedroom-two-bath apartment. It has a balcony and it is really nice. They have a little place with a desk and an extra bed. It is an old converted studio so it is a little bit dated. Every apartment has a screened-in balcony. You can also have a pet in this facility. It is really a nice place.

Posted by Phyllis16 August 13, 2013

Our family has lived in Deland for quite a few years, so we're familiar with Woodlands Tower. We checked them out and they gave us a tour. We're very pleased, so that's why we moved here. It's perfect. It couldn't possibly be better. It's very nice here. The apartments are big enough; with one bedroom, a large living room, and a kitchen. The people that work here are absolutely wonderful. The place is clean, they have nurses, doctors and security guards. The food is excellent, too. We couldn't ask for anything more.

Posted by NewBernResident1 September 25, 2012
3.0

I know a resident who is staying at Woodland Towers. I went to visit her when I went to visit family and friends from my hometown. I thought that Woodland Towers was an average facility. They offered a clean atmosphere, but the buildings were outdated. The building was several stories high and made it difficult for some residents. They did have an elevator but it was slow and I was told that it doesn't always work. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The person that I visited showed me around the facility. They have an outdoor area for residents to hang out at or to take walks. Their dining room was very large and they have a daily menu for the residents to choose from. They have a shuttle that takes the residents to different places, such as grocery stores and beauty salons. If they would update their facility, I would give them 5 stars because they were very attentive to the needs of the residents.

Location of Woodland Towers