Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Presidential Oaks

Posted by Susan60451450 August 29, 2013

I visited Presidential Oaks because it is close by and convenient for me. This facility would be a one-stop place for my father because they have all levels of care. They have residential, going to full-time nursing and finally hospice care. It is clean and friendly-looking. They have places for family to come and visit. I met with their people on a Saturday morning, which I thought was very nice of them. They showed me their respite care wing and their dining area. If you don't like the food being served, they would make you a special meal upon request.

Posted by wtshtf November 27, 2012
4.0

The decor of the building made it feel very homelike which for residents must be important. There was no medical look to the facility and the employees that I cam in contact with were friendly and seemed concerned with any of the residents needs or wants. Each employee acted in a very respectful and friendly manner. I also viewed resident group activities going on in various areas of the building and it appeared that there were always at least to employees working or instructing the residents. Each resident seemed happy and active engaging in conversations with other residents. The menu was spectacular and residents seemed to be able to pick from a few choices instead of not having an option. The grounds although in the winter were well maintained and parking was readily available. My overall review of the facility was impressed and almost wished that facilities in other area could hold up to the same standards as Presidential Oaks. I am only able to provide four stars because I did not see each floor or area of the building but it was a five star location just from what I was able to see.

Posted by crazyjordan August 28, 2012
4.0

The Presidential Oaks Assisted living home looked very nice, from the inside and outside. It appeared to be very well kept and the residents had a generally mellow and complacent demeanor. I really liked the amount of activities and things that were available to the elderly folks. The staff care seemed extremely thorough and everyone knew each others name. It was very refreshing to see that the people were getting the care and attention they deserve. One thing i didnt like is that it was very small and did not have very many rooms, it felt like it was almost too cozy with not enough stimulation for the very active senior residents. The staff took really great care of the more needy senior residents at Presidential Oaks and you can tell the caretakers really took the time to get to know the residents individual needs and also to take care and be respectful when they were having a tough time. I was really impressed with the way the staff interacted with the residents as more of friends and less as caretakers. It was a great experience and i think that the facility is very well kept.

Posted by PlatypiEnthusiast April 14, 2012
4.0

The facilities are pretty, but old. The building smells musty and the floors are uneven and dangerous for tripping. The food wasn't the best but better than what my high school served. The staff was friendly, even when they were working on Christmas. It is attached to a nursing home which is newer, but the activities aren't as good down there. My grandmother lived in the nursing home part for a bit after surgury and was very glad to get back up to assisted living. That might be because she is more lucid than most of the other residents downstairs though.

Location of Presidential Oaks