Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Bridges of Columbia

Posted by ConstanceSQ July 31, 2012
4.0

My mother was in Bridges of Columbia as a resident for 6 months. Mother was a level 3 care which meant she had help in dressing, bathing, medication and was checked on every 2 hours. Mom apartment was very nice she had a kitchenette, handicapped bathroom, living room, a large livingroom closet and a large bedroom closet. All ammenities were included in the rental price. This included food, cable tv, electric, laundry services, housekeeping services. Mother had a stroke and they had physical therapy right in the facility. The facility also included bus rides to the doctors office. Arts and crafts were provided and resident bus trips to tourist places were offered at a very reasonable rate. My mom made friends at the facility and enjoyed the company of people her own age.

Posted by TNJed June 29, 2012
3.0

The first three years went very well. The facilities were well kept and nicely maintained. During my visits there, the staff all seemed friendly and courteous. All things considered, my grandmother seemed to adjust nicely. She said the food was good and she made a few friends, although she was not able to find any worthy Scrabble opponents. Unfortunately, as her health began to decline and she became more of a challenge to take care of she began to speak of instances where her meal times were delayed without explanations. The staff appeared to grow less patient and less willing to help. I also witnessed other residents wander into her room uninvited and she had to tell them to leave. She mentioned that had happened with increasing frequency. Finally, as she was beginning to battle dementia, one episode led to a hospital visit. She was discharged after about 24 hours and the assisted living facility informed us that the could not take her back. It took hours of negotiation before our family was able to convince them that resuming care for her was the right thing to do and they ultimately accepted her back.

Posted by bradencarter November 10, 2011

i must say, i am a grandson of a resident at this facility, and i am concerned with the review posted previously. My grandmother has lived in this facility for almost two years, and i have not once had a complaint with the staff, nor the care recieved. There have been staff that have came and went quicker than others, whether the reason being to continue schooling, or not being up to the standards that i have seen this facility demand from their employees, but i hardly see that turnover effecting the care in any way. on that note, i also have to point out that over half of the staff employed have been with the bridges since they opened. i strongly urge anyone who has doubts about this commmunity to come and see for themselves. there is quality in the care here that shows through. The employees have made me feel as my family has really become part of their own. I wouldnt tell others to entrust the care of their loved ones with anyone that i wouldnt do with my own family. and after having dealt with a few different care providers over the years, i can say that i rest easy knowing my grandmother is happy, healthy, and in good hands at The Bridges of Columbia.

Posted by Adam 641 October 14, 2011

This is a lovely facility and my grandma absolutely loves it here. It is like one big happy family and they make each resident feel like part of the family. My granny has lived in several other assisted living communities and she has never been happier than at the Bridges!

Posted by icare_50 October 01, 2011
2.0

My parents became residents of Bridges of Columbia shortly after it opened. It is a beautiful facility, conveniently situated off the nearby interstate that offers a peaceful, country atmosphere with nice individual living space, elegant sitting rooms, patio, and lobby. My father has lived at Bridges for 4 years; my mother has since passed away. While being very happy with the care and individual attention that they received, we are regretfully starting to see a decline in the resident care and upkeep of the facility itself. Within the last year we have noticed shortages of staff and the lack of individual attention and care that residents are receiving. The facility itself has not been well maintained as it once was. There seems to be a revolving door of staff and workers. Although, our wishes are for our father to stay at Bridges, we are concerned that we may need to look at other options in the Columbia-Waterloo,Illinois area which adhere to more professional standards.

Location of Bridges of Columbia