Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

From The Oaks of Clearwater

The Oaks of Clearwater features an all inclusive Assisted Living and Memory Care program. Our Assisted Living amenities include 24 hour supervision by qualified staff, three meals, medication management, personal laundry, housekeeping daily, bathing, dressing and grooming assistance, an emergency call light pendent, all utilities, and much more!

Minimum Monthly Rate: $2,245/month

Maximum Monthly Rate: $4,790/month

Reimbursement

Private Pay, LTCI, VA, SSI, Medicaid/Medical

Apartment Features

Furnished, Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private/Share

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, Overnight Guest Room, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Separate Therapy Room, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Reviews of The Oaks of Clearwater

Posted by Diana27 February 14, 2014
3.0

The Oaks at Clearwater was the only place we can afford at that time. They were working with us and waiting for us to get my parents qualified for a Medicaid waiver. My parents have been there for a little over two years now. On the whole, I would give them 6 out of 10. Their menu is too highly salted for seniors. Not too long after my mother moved in there, she went into congestive heart failure, which she had not had any problems with at other times. The doctor took it back to her eating the food, mainly their soups, at that facility. So, she no longer eats any of the soups and has had no further problems with it. Their food is fairly good, but they had a major turnover in both the dining-kitchen area and management in the last two years. There is probably not a whole lot of people still there that were there when they first moved in. Their care is fairly good. We haven't really had any problems with the staff. They might be a little slow in getting things done, but I think they are actually a little overworked, so they are not be able to put as much attention on the job as they normally would and I feel that they are a bit understaffed. The facility itself is kept up pretty much. It has a nice view. They are by the water, so you can see the view. My parents really enjoy that, especially my father. They are in a one-bedroom, one bath apartment. It's well-kept, but not a lot storage. It is just barely adequate for a couple, but they are okay. But the drawback of the facility is that they only have two elevators. For their size, the number of residents that they have, and the size of some of the wheelchairs, walkers, and stuff, those two elevators are not adequate. My parents are not really happy there, mainly for that reason. There are some pros to the facility, but we are finding more cons lately.

Posted by Caring74836650 January 28, 2014
2.0

The impressive thing about The Oaks is the location, they were right by the water there, it's pretty nice. The only bad thing about that place that I know of, they only have two elevators there. I believe that's a 15-floor building or 16 floors and there are only 2 elevators that operate up and down in that building. If one goes down, you're in trouble. And at lunch time, you have these people who are on wheelchairs, walkers and scooters and they all try to get in and it's irritating because you wait for the elevator. Sometime, I'm sitting there waiting for the elevator to get to me for about 20 minutes. I'm not exaggerating, I'm telling you. You're talking about these people, they're pretty old, they can't move fast or run downstairs and they have to wait for these elevators. They only have one large elevator, the other one is a small one. They do have a third elevator which is in the cafeteria downstairs but it goes up to the second floor only.

They'll serve you steak but you have to buy it separately. On the 15th floor, they dine and if you want a steak, you have to pay extra for a steak so the food there is not all that as well.

If you want to make a long distance phone call, you have to pay for it as well and the money that I'm paying for that place, I pay $2000 a month, is not worth it. The only thing that that building's got going for itself is where it's at. I'm going to get ready to pull my father out of there. I'm not so happy with it and I notice other people that have moved in and moved out because you have no contract there. You move in, you deposit $1500 non-refundable and then you pay $2000 a month and then every year they go up.

Other than that, the location is nice, the building is nice. The staff did pretty cool. I had no run-ins with the staff so far.

Posted by vincevaughn August 31, 2013
4.0

We visited The Oaks of Clearwater earlier this week. The staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. One thing we noticed was every resident who we ran into said hello to us and asked if we were looking to move someone in. If so, they will love it. I was surprised at the question and the comment. At other places we looked at the residents looked down, didnt seem happy and basically ignored what we going on around them. Not what I am looking for. We are having a family meeting on Labor Day to make our decision but Oaks of Clearwater has my vote hand down. If you are facing the same decision we are, I suggest you take a look for yourself.

Posted by AgnesinGulfport July 11, 2013
1.0

I removed my mother from this facility in the spring and am very happy with her new home. What a difference the right staff can make in geriatric care. The aids and nursing staff were rude and the management does not respond to complaints. There are only 2 elevators for 13 floors worth of residents and I could not walk up and down the stairs. I had to wait for up to 10 minutes for an elevator. I could not figure out what would happen if they had a true evacuation type emergency. My Mom liked the food and wait staff in the dining room. I could tell when they had not given my Mom her medicine and often questioned the dosing times. They would leave her in her wheelchair for long periods of time.

Posted by gretchen11 June 27, 2013

My father in law was on the rehab floor for 9 months after a broken hip and loved it. The therapy was great and very prompt. The nursing staff was very loving and respectful towards everyone and the food was amazing!

Posted by LindsayA April 24, 2013
3.0

The staff was pleasant at the Oaks. However, the facility was older-looking and it wasn't clean. It may have been but it didn't look like it because the carpeting and the like were old. My mother was not pleased with that. The dining area was okay but we didn't eat there. They need to update their waiting or lobby area, hallways and their carpeting.

Posted by Caring7682 March 29, 2013
3.0

We were looking for an independent living facility for my parents. The Oaks was fine. It's a clean place but not that immaculate. The Oaks was more of an assisted living type. The model room they showed us was small. We were looking for more of a kitchen and more of an apartment. There was a refrigerator and a microwave but no kitchen. Everybody who worked there was very, very nice.

Posted by Caring9656 November 02, 2012
2.0

Our visit to The Oaks was pleasant. The people are nice and the atmosphere was fairly good. We did not have any meals there because my husband wanted to leave. The rooms upstairs were nicely accommodated, but they were very small. But the view was absolutely terrific, looking out the bay waters. They don't have a pool, they need to put a pool in somewhere. They only have a small exercise room with two pieces of equipment.

Posted by Paul2 June 21, 2012

It's a very sociable place. My mother had a sister in-law who lives there before so she is fully familiar with the facility. The entire facility is of high standards. The environment is clean and the food is good. It has good organization and activities for the residents. They take them on a short day trips. They provide transportation if the residents need to see their doctors. What's also good is that the monthly fees are very reasonable. Their dining room is very well maintained and well furnished. My mother is 92 years old and is still refusing the idea of going to an assisted living facility for now. She likes The Oaks and when she's ready, this is gonna be the place for her.

Posted by DisgustedInDunedin June 02, 2012
1.0

This facility was supposed to help my Aunt in regards to her well being and ability to get around without the fear of losing track of where she was, falling over, becoming a danger to herself and forgetting to take her medications.

During her stay there she was found to be unconscious in her living quarters on several occasions. At one point in time I actually received a call from one of the attendants saying that she had been wandering off into the property at nighttime. On the last incident she was found to need treatment in a hospital after having fallen off of her couch one evening.

A fellow resident and neighbor there called me to inform me that my Aunt had been hospitalized and that the police had come in to remove her. While there they found approximately 50 bottles of unused medications that had been prescribed to her. At that point I insisted that there be a DEA investigation or some type of malpractice investigation, but to no avail. I was repeatedly ignored until her son and I decided to have her moved elsewhere.

Ultimately this is the worst assisted living facility I have had the displeasure of being acquainted with. I would never suggest anyone consider placing their loved one with them.

Posted by DocMike February 17, 2012
4.0

It was clean, which is a very important quality, and everyone inside seemed well cared for with plenty of staff and workers to tend to the patients. There was no unpleasant smell, in comparison to some other homes i have visited, and this was a welcome change. The Dietary needs of the patients were taken into consideration, and a record of each patient's dietary restrictions and preferences was compiled on a computer. Very efficient, clean and well run organization which cared for its residents and their home. Polite and intelligent staff members.

Location of The Oaks of Clearwater