Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Legacy Heights Senior Living Community

Legacy Heights Senior Living Community offers compassionate senior care in Charlotte, NC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Legacy Heights Senior Living Community shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Charlotte, NC.

Reviews of Legacy Heights Senior Living Community

Posted by Caring94998150 June 27, 2014

My mom is in Legacy, and she is very happy there. We love it. Everybody is great. They are wonderful, nice, very helpful, and very personable. The room is very nice. I have tried the food, and it is good. They give them choices, and if they don't like them, they give them something else. But with the choices that they have, everyone is usually happy. They have all kinds of activities. They have entertainers who come in. They have social hours, like ice cream socials and popcorn socials. They have Wii bowling, bingo, and rosary. They have something all the time. You can either go to everything, or you can pick your choice.

Posted by Caring87281350 June 17, 2014

We chose Legacy Heights for my husband because his two daughters live just two miles from there, and I also have a home there. It is very nice, and it is made of brick inside and out. He will be in the memory care unit, and they have the room set up in a circle, where they can walk in the evening. They are very nice with nice sizes. You can take your own furniture in and decorate it your own way, or you can use the furniture that they have. Their dining room is set up with tablecloths, colorful dishes, and things like that. They have lot of interactions with them. They have several activities going on. They say they do not let them sit in their rooms and do nothing. They are constantly in motion, so I think that sounds nice to me. I don't know if he will participate in any of them, but at least he has the chance if he wants to. Everyone I talk with seems to be very nice, and everyone I know who lives there, their family seem to be pleased with the situation.

Posted by Caring75291150 March 18, 2014
4.0

Legacy looked very nice, and it was close to us. The residents were participating in the activities. The people were sitting in a common area and they were playing games.

Posted by Caring76507150 December 30, 2013
4.0

I had moved my father at Legacy Heights. We chose this facility because it was recommended to us and because of its location. For what it is, it is a good facility. It offered good service and good staff. The staff seemed to be professional and seemed to know what they are doing although I'm not there almost every day so I would not know all the details. Their rooms are adequate. Their food is good. I am not really familiar with their activities, but I know they have bingo and they have movie time. They have a social director that sets up their activities.

Posted by Caring71214650 November 21, 2013
4.0

I thought Legacy Heights was decorated in a very cheery way and the location was good for us. The staff were very professional, very friendly, knowledgeable and caring. There were various field trips and they had games and songs. They had a library and a parlor. They were in the process of remodeling so I think when they get that done, it would be really nice.

Posted by fallingognrass November 09, 2012
3.0

My feelings towards this facility were very mixed. In the beginning my grandfather enjoyed his time there but he was being fed hot dogs with chili sauce, which didn't make sense to me as he is a diabetic. It wasn't very stuffy like the other places and the environment was great. We were able to hangout outside and enjoy the day while he was there.

Posted by glkd October 07, 2012
1.0

I had taken my Mom who has Alzheimers Disease to the Memory Care Unit of Legacy Heights for respite care. She was there for a month. During that time, when I went to visit her, on 2 occassions I was unable to find her. (Thank goodness it was a lock down unit) The facility was aware that my Mom needed help with walking, so when I couldn't find her I was very upset. Once I found her sitting on the floor all alone by the laundry room. No one was aware she was missing. The most disturbing thing that happened was they lost her DNR. How do you lose a DNR. Although there are some very good CNA's at this facility, some I felt were very lazy.

I would not recommend the Memory Care Unit of this facility to anyone.

Posted by caring8311 September 02, 2012

We're very happy about Legacy Heights Senior Living. It's a very nice place, comfortable, and homey. It has a big winding staircase, it's very inviting. My parents are very happy. We've been through a long search. It's great and the activities are wonderful. The activities director is phenomenal. I've seen him in action.

The only issue is my dad, because he may have more health concerns than they can handle. He just keeps getting urinary tract infection and he may just need a little bit more monitoring like a skilled nursing facility. We're not quite sure right now that they can handle it because it's an assisted living. That would be the only concern, but we're very happy with them.

Location of Legacy Heights Senior Living Community