Reviews of Carson Retirement Center

Posted by mjlucy25 February 03, 2014
1.0

let me start with saying that i have been to many different senior living centers and this one by far is at the rock bottom. After entering the facility their is not a single person at the entrance to direct you to your family member. or even offer help. After i walked around for about 5-10 minutes i finally stopped a nurse (i think no badge) i asked for my grandmother and the lady kindly took me to her room which i had passed. Once we got to the door she pulled out a ring of keys and unlocked her door to let me in.. (locked door?) My grandmother can not walk and weighs about 90lbs The person who opened the door would not tell me why the door was locked and left. once i got in the room she was just laying there. windows were closed it was stuffy in the room her TV did not work and there was no phone,call button or any way for her to contact someone EVEN a nurse if she needed help. After being there for about 2-3 hours not once did a nurse come to check on her. not for pills not even to see if she was ok. If you care at all about your family member this is the place NOT to put them

Posted by Kellye July 29, 2013
3.0

I chose Carson Senior Assisted Living for my mom for three reasons. The price was reasonable and within my mom's budget, it was 5 minutes away from my house and the residents looked like her, which made her comfortable. One time when I fetched her for a doctor's appointment, I saw she had a burn mark on top of her breast and I took a picture of the laceration. The staff did take note of that on her chart but they did not inform me. I knew she did not eat because she did not like the food so I tried to have a meal with her, the staff also fed her. They had activities but limited because they were understaffed. My mom seemed pretty content, and I knew she was okay and that was what's important to me. But I thought they needed to increase their staff.

Posted by Lorraine14 June 25, 2013
4.0

Carson Senior is great. Everything is positive. It's a good environment for my husband. I wish there were some ways that they had access to some assistance that they could help us financially, because when you have someone that's going to be there long-term it's gets to be very wearing financially.

Posted by Charisse1 April 30, 2013

Carson Senior was absolutely fabulous. It was very clean and the smell was excellent. The staff was excellent, too.

Mom photocopy.jpg
Posted by Grace F. November 14, 2012
2.0

Carson Retirement Center offers a fair, adequate level of care for the patient. The facility is older, a little gloomy in appearance, and seems to offer rooms for those that are concerned about bottom line affordability and budget concerns. The staff members are friendly and willing to serve the basic needs of the patients. Overall, this facility offers basic, no frills housing.

Posted by Lily69 November 22, 2011

This place is being remodeled and is looking great. My mother has been here for two years and she loves this place. The staff is great. The other residents seem to be happy here too. Its like a big happy family.

Posted by Titanic1909 November 14, 2011
4.0

This facility has more structure for the residents than some of the other facilities. They have field trips set up for the residents, including to Las Vegas. There's a bulletin board that shows the activities for the week. It's a good place for the residents to be.

The food was good "“ I had lunch there. I had chicken and salad and corn.

The facility doesn't look very impressive from the outside, but it's decent. The grounds are flat and have nice landscaping. They have a few gardens.

The common areas inside are pretty big. The furnishings in the common rooms look pretty good "“ maybe an 8 out of 10.

Some residents here do have their own little room, and some have to share. Most of them I saw had their own rooms.

The staff were friendly and social with the residents. I think I would give the staff an 8 or 9 out of 10 for training. The management was informative and cordial when I asked questions.

I wish it were bigger and could hold more residents.

Posted by Caringsenior November 07, 2011
2.0

I think Carson senior assisted living facility is not a good facility. While there, I witnessed staff members not taking care of the members. Some of the residences were outside without any body observing /monitoring them. They whole place smell nasty. They staff members do not monitor who comes in or exit the building. Iam a bit worried about safety. I was disappointed when I requested for a chart of a resident and it was given to me without considering HIPPA law. I would not recommend this place.

In general, I would rank this facility two out of five stars.

Posted by monika98 October 14, 2011
4.0

Just placed my aunt at this facility. They are in the process of remodeling the building, which is looking great,, I think we got in at just the right time. Staff is very friendly and helpful.. I would recommend this place for your loved one.

Posted by ampylozano September 27, 2011
1.0

As soon as i walked into this facility there is a distinct smell that i didn't like.The personnels are not very friendly and helpful. the place looks old and dirty.I lost interest in touring the entire facility because my first impression is already ruined. And the residents do not look very happy. I would not recommend this facility to anyone i know.

Posted by rookie August 05, 2011
1.0

This place is awful. They were recently issued a citation for lack of observation of the residents, citation #87466. Know someone who was was suffering from dehydration, fell and had to be hospitalized. His kidneys had stopped functioning. He was a resident for 19 days.

Location of Carson Retirement Center