Cost

Starting at $2,745/mo.; $3,520/mo. (ALZ)

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Atria El Camino Gardens

At Atria El Camino Gardens, you'll find a new home that's warm and welcoming. Interesting social activities and morning exercise classes help residents thrive. Located in a quiet neighborhood in Carmichael, Atria El Camino Gardens is just a short distance from downtown Sacramento.

Atria El Camino Gardens offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled local transportation
  • Memory Care - Life Guidance ®

Atria Senior Living Group, the nation's fourth largest assisted living owner-operator, provides respectful, quality care that helps more than 14,000 older people live life to the fullest. Atria communities are not nursing homes; rather, they are active communities where seniors can get the care they need to live as independently as possible. At the heart of Atria's approach is our belief that superior care depends on running a superior business. That's why Atria has developed some of the industry's most stringent measurement tools and comprehensive training protocols.

Reviews of Atria El Camino Gardens

Posted by LovelyLady00000333 August 15, 2014
4.0

My mom was in Atria for a month for respite care. It was very nice -- my mom liked it, and I don't have any complaints. It was a little pricey because we had to move her in in such a hurry. The rooms were very nice. It was pretty clean, but some of the upholstery and the chairs needed freshening up. There was no smell. The dining room was fantastic; the food was fine and my mom liked it.

Posted by Caring83028450 July 19, 2014
3.0

Atria El Camino Gardens was OK. The grounds were fine. I think the rooms were fine. They looked comfortable and nice to me. They had activities. The staff was friendly and answered all my questions. However, they started out as assisted living, and the price goes up depending on how much assistance they have to give. I looked and realized that this could be very expensive. They were not straight up and weren't as clean as the other one I saw.

Posted by Caring6870 June 17, 2014
4.0

We felt that Atria had a friendly staff. The facilities looked pretty good. It looked to us.

Posted by Caring86664350 June 10, 2014
4.0

We already found a place for my spouse. He's at The Atria and he's fine. It had nice people. I liked the staff. He's in a very small room, and that's something he's trying to change. He's on a waiting list to get a bigger space.

Posted by Johnie2 March 31, 2014

My mom is in Atria. Because she's in a wheelchair, she doesn't have to worry about the elevators or stairs, and their dining area isn’t that far from where she is staying. The people were pleasant and friendly when we went there. My mom likes it. She says she'd push the thing on her wrist, and they'd come and get her, and they take her to the dining room or wherever she wants to go. She is really happy about the food. She gave all her dishes and stuff to the grandkids because she isn’t going to be fixing any meals. They have a movie room, and they have an area where the people come and play the piano. They have a nice fireplace that people were sitting around.

Posted by Caring80806950 March 26, 2014
4.0

We decided to check out Atria El Camino Gardens and we decided to move mom in there. She was at their independent living side when we first move in there, but she is deteriorating and so right we are moving her into their memory care facility. Right now, she is not getting much care and it is kind of disappointing. It's really a big facility and if you're pretty self-sufficient I think it’s a good facility. In their memory care unit, there are only 35 people who lives there and a smaller environment. The staff are pretty good about everything.

Posted by Caring78733150 February 24, 2014
4.0

We enjoyed our walkthrough at Atria El Camino Gardens. We found it very clean and the people were very hospitable. The workers and even the residents seemed very happy. The rooms are of adequate size. We looked only at a two bedroom which was occupied because unfortunately they don’t have any openings at this point and if we chose to go there we would have to be on a waiting list.

Posted by Eva8 January 31, 2014

Atria El Camino Gardens was absolutely clean. I was impressed that it was updated. The staff were very kind, helpful and polite. The rooms were nice and of the right size. They had a lot of amenities and activities. It was also fairly close to us. But we missed the deadline and the prices went up, they tried any way they could to help us. I really liked that they did that. If I would move into a facility, I would go here.

Posted by Victoria8 September 26, 2013

Atria El Camino Gardens was nice. They offer a lot of services. The facility wasn't smelly and the staff was friendly. The clients were friendly too and they were up and about, involving themselves in different things.

Posted by Carol70437350 September 25, 2013

I heard about Atria El Camino through a friend and recommended it to me. I visited the place and the staff were very friendly. The people there seemed happy. The place is clean. The rooms are nice. They have one bedroom with little living room with patio. The dining room is very open and airy.

Posted by paramedicguy May 09, 2012
3.0

When we would respond to a call, the staff was very helpful and professional, but also very honest about the different reasons they felt the facility was responsible for the fall, or medical issue the patient was experiencing. A good example of this was when I responded to the facility for a fall in June of 2011 and was told by the staff that the patient had not been given the proper medications due to the facility not completing the proper steps to ensure that they had not run out of the specific prescription. The end result of the patient falling was then attributed by the staff member to the patient's Blood Pressure no longer being controlled by the medicine. I was also informed that this had occurred before under similar circumstances and that the staff member would be requesting the matter to be investigated.

Posted by guardian angel August 23, 2011

Atria-El Camino Gardens is located northeast to Reno on I-80 about 20 minutes from downtown Sacramento off El Camino Avenue and Garfield Avenue. In the past I participated in a volunteer Christmas show, along with other events. It is simply a gorgeous campus inside and out. The grounds are covered with gardens, shrubs, and shade trees. Inner courts make for fun activities. Patios are decked with umbrella shaded tables, not a bad seat in any of the courtyards. The décor is bright, warm, and friendly. Resident rooms and apartments are spacious, lovely, and state of the art. The dining rooms, activity rooms, and visiting areas remind one of an up-scale hotel without the snootiness. Uniquely, El Camino is equipped for three levels of care, independent, assisted living, and Alzheimer's care. That way significant others whose condition may be better or worse can stay close to one another. The staff, especially the caregivers, and dietary helpers are likewise, down to earth. Seldom is heard a discouraging word. Rarely in 5 years have I even detected an odor issue. The menu is fantastic, and adaptable to all diet types. I've eaten here several times, and I have to agree with the residents, delicious! Add to it the ambiance of the decorated walls and lovely furnishings, it is definitely eye candy. Their activity program is superior. Every effort is made to meld resident with family and staff involvement. They have games, an exercise program, loads of music, frequent entertainment, and outings as varied as the residents likes and dislikes. To keep resident's oriented, the staff stays on top of current events. Except for a few administrative persons, most everyone here makes the residents, and guest feel at home. If a "hotel "can be considered home-like, then El Camino Gardens manages to pull it off in grand fashion. I give them my highest grade a 5 out of 5.

Location of Atria El Camino Gardens

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By clicking the above, you agree that Caring.com may contact you about senior housing and/or home care services in a variety of convenient ways including by automated call technology at the phone number(s) you provided. You understand that you don’t need to consent to receive these types of communications in order to obtain any goods or services—and you can always call us at (800) 973-1540. You also have read and agree to our" Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
Get-listed-tab-hhcec9e5d7f5