Cost

Starting at $2,545/mo.*; $3,225/mo.* (ALZ)

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Emeritus at Camarillo

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Reviews of Emeritus at Camarillo

Posted by Jeanne18 April 26, 2014
4.0

Emeritus was very friendly and had a lot of light. It's very clean. It's not the newest facility, but I liked it a lot. I liked the people who showed us the facility. I believe it was the manager and one other lady, and I was quite impressed with it. The room was quite small and a little sparse, but the people who move in can bring their own belongings and things to hang on the wall and so forth.

We visited the dining room, and it seemed to be 70% full. People were eating and enjoying their meal and talking. They showed us everything there. There's a place for them to play games, a place for them to gather and do other things. It's not huge, but it would have been perfect for my mother if she had been willing.

Posted by Caring79089250 February 28, 2014
4.0

I was impressed with the whole staff at Emeritus Camarillo. I liked the rooms. The dining room looks very clean and nice. When I went to the memory care unit, they were doing activities. I was also impressed with the outdoor area that residents could go out to without having assistance. It was secured.

Posted by Gale4 February 28, 2014
4.0

My stepdad was at Emeritus at Camarillo. The facility was very clean and it was well run. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. They took care of him completely. He was in a very serious condition so he was not able to participate in their activities.

Posted by Linda75739850 February 01, 2014

At Emeritus at Camarillo, everything was very nice. The facility was very good. We went there right after a holiday and it was all decorated. Their rooms were really nice. Another thing I like about this facility is that outside each room, they had like a little shelf where each resident can put something on that like a flower or a little statue, so I thought that was very personal. It also made it more homey for their residents. I also like that when we got there, some of the residents were doing a class and they were all enjoying themselves. I would definitely recommend this place. However, the only thing that my husband didn't like about this was that the lady who gave us a tour, she sat at a desk while we sat at chairs like away from her. At other places, we all sat around a table, so it was like a family.

Posted by Caring77239150 January 30, 2014
4.0

I have visited Emeritus. It was really close to where I live. They were the most reasonable in price. When we went in, we did have to wait for a while to get to see somebody. The person who toured us around was very nice, very friendly. I was looking for memory care places and they had it there and he was able to get a semi-private room. The dining room was really nice and there was an area for watching TV that they're not stuck in their room all day long.

Posted by Sheryl5 December 13, 2013
4.0

Emeritus is independent care, assisted and memory care. That's one of the reasons why we chose it. My stepmother has Parkinson's and dementia. She and my dad have a 2-bedroom apartment in Emeritus and that’s another reason why we picked that because it's so much cheaper. They could get a 2-bedroom apartment at Emeritus for the same price anywhere else for 1-bedroom. The staff is wonderful and the food there is wonderful, very good.

Posted by Kathy47 September 12, 2013
2.0

The place was clean and the public rooms were nice. The staff was fine. However, the room sizes were very small. It isn't the place I would want to go.

Posted by Frank15 September 12, 2013

The people are very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable at Emeritus at Camarillo. They followed up with us regarding my mom. This is a newer facility, but well kept. For me, there is nothing that they need to improve on. I think they are doing a nice job. It is a good facility, although they are overpriced for our budget. Nevertheless, I would recommend this place to others if it is within their price range.

Posted by SoCalGreatGrandson November 20, 2012
4.0

From my experience with Emeritus at Camarillo, I would have to say that it is a very well run facility. The environment is warm and welcoming and for the most part the residents seem to be treated with respect and kindness. My great grandmother is a resident there and she has nothing but positive comments about her new residence. Of course she is not terribly enthusiastic about not being able to live with her family, this alternative situation seems to be suitable for her. The facility is close to a shopping center so she is able to walk to get groceries and even to go to a nice restaurant. The town where this facility is located is very warm and inviting. There is not a lot of crime and people feel comfortable walking the streets at night. Because of all of these aspects I feel that Emeritus at Camarillo is a great facility. The staff seems very pleasant. I was there when she went to dinner, and we even celebrated her birthday there once and there was staff and other residents present and everybody seemed to get along very well. I used to think of the stereotypical assisted living type scenario where the staff are harsh and almost cruel to their residents. However, after seeing, first hand, how this facility runs I am confident in the care and treatment which my great grandmother will receive and my family is secure in their decision to move her there. She did not want to leave her home at first, but after her husband died she was unable to maintain her property and it was becoming a burden on my family as we had to pay to maintain the land and large house which she was staying in.

Posted by Hammy1 June 23, 2012
4.0

As far as I'm concerned everything in this facility works very smoothly. I use to visit my mother at this facility once every week, and I got to say the staff were always very welcoming, I always received a "good afternoon" or a "Hello, nice to see you again!" The establishment itself is very pretty and makes you feel right at home. Now it isn't perfect. The food, although there is a lot of, is very criticized because of its taste. I had a few meals there, and I honestly didn't think it was bad; but it is worth noting. Another thing to potentially note is the service. The service is extraordinary, I was really surprised. Also worth noting, the location of this facility is located very closely to many store destinations, as well as a hospital a few miles from the facility. The atmosphere is just right and it does reserve for a very nice welcoming assisted living facility!

Posted by Village # ? February 21, 2012
2.0

I was visiting my mothers friend .Very nice facility but i was dis appointed with the staff. staff are unfriendly they don't say Hi! at all.. Also found the food was bad.

Posted by Deane November 19, 2011
3.0

The facilities are well selected, and the service is almost too good, but the food is simply awful. The dietitian is limited in her budget and the quality of people she hires, so that the food is sometimes too poorly chosen and cooked that I fill up on ice cream. Being a vegetarian apparently makes my food choices too difficult.

Location of Emeritus at Camarillo