Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Chestnut Park at Cleveland Circle

Chestnut Park provides residents with personalized service plans tailored to meet their unique needs. Assistance with personal care, housekeeping, 24-hour staff, three meals daily and a wide range of social, cultural and wellness programs are included in the monthly fee. Spacious studio and one bedroom apartments are available. In addition to traditional assisted living, Chestnut Park at Cleveland offers the Harbor Program for those with memory impairments.

Reviews of Chestnut Park at Cleveland Circle

Posted by Quinton1 January 31, 2014
4.0

The setup at Chestnut Park is very nice. She is in a private room and it's bright. The staff is concern and caring. They have a good system with regards as to how the residents could communicate to the staff. They have this button that they press when they need some help and I think that works pretty well so far with my mom. My mother has adjusted to being in this location and so far we have no problems. Their objective is to make it feel like home and I think they do a good job in giving an environment that is comfortable.

Posted by Unhappy At Chestnut Park February 11, 2013
2.0

As a resident, I find many areas that could be improved. 3 meals a day are provided, but the best meal of the day is breakfast. There are many choices, both hot and cold. The eggs are usually very rubbery. They tend to run out of English muffins, but always have bread. They DON'T CATER TO A PERSON'S DIETARY NEEDS. For people on a salt-restricted diet, there's no way to know how much sodium is in each food served. They WILL NOT prepare special meals, such as low sodium or low/no sugar dishes. The QUALITY of the food leaves a lot to be desired. I feel it could be improved by buying higher quality food and the use of herbs and mild spices, but the cooks seem not to care. I bet they don't taste what they serve. Most meals are chicken or fish. What they call prime rib has no ribs and the meat is a "mealy" consistency. The veal, and I question that it's really veal, is pressed, breaded and not tasty. They have NO BROILER in the kitchen. The vegetables are usually over-cooked, making them mushy, not crisp and tasty. For the amount of money we pay in rent, the food should be top quality, but it isn't. Recommendations we ask for at the monthly "food forum" are never implemented. They say they listen, but we don't see the results. The only time the food is excellent is at special events, where the families and friends of residents are invited. That impresses people, but only those meals are terrific. It's NOT a reflection of what's served daily. The facility itself is generally in great shape, however the carpeting is showing it's age. The front door opening/closing handicapped pressure plate needs to be replaced. They paint and patch to make the building look nice. The staff is excellent and provides great service, except when a server or 2 calls in sick or is absent for other reasons. If there's no replacement, there's chaos in the dining room. There is usually no dining room supervisor, so some residents who won't wait to be served, walk up to the coffee and hot water pots and take what they want. There's no sneeze guard to prevent the spread of germs. The wait staff works VERY hard and should receive the kudos that they deserve. The nursing staff is superb, but sometimes overworked as many of the residents who are accepted have medical problems, need nurses to administer medications, and use walkers or wheel chairs. There's no room to place the walkers so people don't have to squeeze by. Many residents feel that they NEED their walker NEXT to them. Foolish and selfish, I think. The list of daily activities always includes twice-a-day exercises, but seldom has stimulating speakers. In my opinion, they don't create a social atmosphire which a "community" should have. Yes, there's Happy Hour, but people sit with their clique friends. There's about 14 men and they are trying to establish a Men's Club. Only 5 usually show up and most are hard of hearing, so they have limited input. There's Wii bowling. About 6 people bowl and there's 4 or 5 who just want to watch.

I feel that they do not have QUALIFIED managers, from Executive Director to the Dining Room. The maintenance people are superb, and the receptionists do a good job, but the way they dress isn't professional, not giving a wonderful first impression as people come in. In summary, there are many good things to say, but the food issues make some residents angry..... Yes, ANGRY, but no action is taken to improve the situation. I would NOT recommend this place until the problems are resolved.

Posted by sachin December 21, 2012
4.0

well, we don't have any family person living there. We normally like to spend atleast 1 day in a month with senior person. So this was our regular visit but I must say guys at Chestnut Park are quite good and very caring. Even though we did not know any one but they helped us in meeting with some of them. No need to say entire facility is well maintained with professional staff. One thing I realized charges are very high compare to other place may be that might be because of their excellent facilities and 5 star care so those who are looking for these facilities then it is worth. So if some ask my feedback for their relativies and friend, I would say go for it if you / your relative is willing to spend little high cost.

Posted by Simon M November 21, 2012
4.0

We visited Chestnut Park about half a year ago looking for a place for my grandmother. We wanted somewhere near our house so that we could visit her regularly. The location of Chestnut Park was very convenient -- it was served by 2 Green lines and only 5 min walk from either stop. The surrounding environment was serene and peaceful -- some rooms even had a view of the reservoir nearby. The staff were friendly and professional and were very patient in answering all our questions. In terms of the rooms, we especially liked the studio apartment -- it was spacious, well equipped and well maintained, and the 2 big windows meant it could get a lot of sunlight. My grandma liked it a lot too -- she valued privacy and comfort and said the studio was just as good as her own room. Chestnut Park also provided care staff standby 24/7, 3-meal-a-day catered dining and weekly cleaning and laudatory services -- this gave us the peace of mind that grandma would be very well taken care of. She has been living there for about 4 months now. We visit her about twice a month and we are glad to see she is very happy with her new home.

Posted by Doug3 September 13, 2012
4.0

The staff at this facility were extremely helpful and clearly seemed like they cared about what they were doing. This is not exactly the case at a lot of other assisted-living facilities, where it seems that not every single person would like to be there. Since I am looking for a place to put my grandfather, the ambiance of the people and the environment there really spoke to me as a place that he would feel safe and comfortable. The staff were also very responsive to questions, and made visitors feel welcome.

Posted by BobSmith11 June 30, 2012
4.0

Chestnut Park at Cleveland Circle is an adequate community for senior citizens. Not only does it offer comfortable living areas for elders, but it also aids with memory loss. One of the best perks about the residence is the location. The facility is located in the center of Cleveland Circle and is in walking distance from Brookline and Chestnut Hill. The facility offers apartments with a kitchen, cable television and an all important emergency call system. In addition, the main section of the building has a library, store, recreation room, and music room. Although the equipment is not state of the art, there are tons of activates to prevent boredom. The services are what you would expect relatively consistent and reliable. The staff completes daily house checks and caters to fulfill every need. My one main qualm is the quality of the food. Although there is an abundance of quantity and an impressive selection, I would give the food 6 stars out of 10.

Posted by LK102 March 07, 2012
4.0

I delivered to many nursing homes and assisted living facilities for several years and Chestnut Park was the best of the facilities I had on my route. I was there several times a week and if I was ever to recommend a facility to relatives or friends I would not hesitate to recommend them to visit Chestnut Park and see for themselves what a nice facility this is. It is a somewhat costly facility but if you can afford it its one of the better places in Boston. They had the friendliest staff of any place I visited by far and most importantly the staff was very responsive to there residents which was not the case in many of the other facilities I had visited. I know they provided transportation for residents and had scheduled events with a wide variety of entertainment there as well which I witnessed on several occasions. The location in Cleveland circle is convenient as well it is in walking distance to many stores and food establishments and public transportation is easily accessible from this location. As well as having one of the nicest maintained facilities inside they also have an outdoor patio/courtyard which can be enjoyed by residents.

Posted by SurveyDay January 20, 2012

I thought that this facility was properly marketed, and fairly represented. The Director had a warm greeting and was very involved. The Accounting office was very nice. The food was fresh and prepared properly. The dining room offered full service, with the staff in full uniform. Very attentive to the residents and family members that were visiting. The nursing staff was busy, always prompt and professional. The nurses and CNA have a very tough job job there but, were as kind as could be. They work the hardest of all. I could feel the love and care that must be going on behind the seens there! Can't say enough about them! All common areas were always clean, no funny smells. Amazing entertainment was consistantly brought in for residents. Like piano players, sing along, dog petting, arts and crafts, hair dresser and nail tech, wonderful snack bar, and a clear schedule was imposed every day. This place is not cheep by any means, but it's luxury living for assisted living. Great location, right in Cleveland Circle in Brighton MA. Transportation provided to and from the grocery store for residents as well. Chestnut Park just has so many wonderful things to offer!

Location of Chestnut Park at Cleveland Circle