Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Freedom Village Bradenton

Nestled on a scenic park-like campus in Bradenton is Freedom Village, a premier life care retirement community that is linked by location to water and sunshine. Here, the conveniences of city living and the quiet charm of coastal suburbs flow together in a tranquil, comfortable neighborhood of friends.

Freedom Village Bradenton provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Bradenton, FL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Freedom Village Bradenton can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimun Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimun Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimun Life®, the mission of Freedom Village Bradenton is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Bradenton, FL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Financial Guidance
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor, staging, etc.)
Fee Structures
  • We charge an entry fee
  • We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, if any
Housing Categories
  • Assisted Living
  • Independent Living
  • Skilled Nursing Care
  • In-Homecare Services
  • CCRC
Cleaning Services
  • Laundry services for clothing (staff washes residents' clothes)
  • Laundry services for linens (staff washes residents sheets/linens)
  • Private laundry (residents can wash own laundry on site)
  • Housekeeping (staff provides housekeeping services to residents)
  • Organized offsite activities (outings, etc.)
  • Arts
  • Physical therapy
  • Medication management
Guest services:
Dining options:
  • Some have in room full kitchens (includes ovens, etc)
  • Meals delivered to residents' rooms
Transportation:

Reviews of Freedom Village Bradenton

Posted by Caring84834050 June 30, 2014
4.0

My parents are already at Freedom Village at Bradenton, and it has been working out well for them, so we are feeling good about that. I like the fact that they have different levels of care depending on what the person needs. They range from independent, to assisted, to nursing care. The rooms are good.

Posted by Caring83087750 April 24, 2014

Freedom Village had all levels, and we would start with independent living. I like the warmth, the people, both the residents and staff, and the quality of the environment. The physical environment is very large, quite cheerful, and it’s beautifully maintained. Other than that, it’s at a price range we could afford. It’s expensive, but it’s not completely ridiculous. They seem to have everything that any human being could want to do. If you’re into sports, they have sports activities. If you’re into intellectual things, they have intellectual things. It’s not New York City, but you have two large cultural centers within fairly easy reach, and that was good. It’s a kind of place you want to be in.

We had a couple of meals there. The food is exquisite, and the service and the way in which it’s handled is marvelous. We got to spend more time with the people in Freedom Village, and they seemed to be upscale, educated, and culturally interested in what was going on around them. I would recommend it to anybody who had the same kind of interests that I do.

Posted by Caring81258650 April 11, 2014
3.0

Mom has been at Freedom Village since January. It's a nice facility, its top of the line. She loves her room, but she doesn't like the food and the help. The food choices are not that great. They have 5 choices, but it's always the same every night. The two choices are full of fats and she can't have that. Another problem is that there's not enough help because they're not charging for levels of care. They only have one person for the whole floor. For instance, my mom doesn't get her breakfast until 9 or 9.30, and so by the time she's finished its 10 am and they want her to have lunch so of course she can't have lunch. One woman that helps her in the morning has made numerous mistakes, and also they don't give her enough privacy. Instead of cracking the door if she is in the bathroom, they just push it wide open. Another woman can't understand. Instead of turning the refrigerator down, she turned it off, so all the food spoiled. In addition, they don't treat her with respect when they bathe her. There are times that my mom bathes and dresses on her own. We are not very happy with the facility.

Posted by Caring79241550 March 12, 2014

I have a friend who lives in Freedom Village. It's very nice. It's not affordable for most people. You have to purchase your apartment, and then they care for you in your apartment. As your health declines they still continue to care for you but they move you out of your apartment. You have to have some money. Everything there is fine. It's a place that I would be willing to go to. It could probably be modernized, but still as a place to live and be cared for and have good food, lots of entertainment, a very attentive staff, it's very good.

Posted by Carol79020450 February 28, 2014
4.0

Freedom Village was a very large facility. They did have facilities from villas through skilled nursing home. They did have all sorts of level. It was a beautiful place. However, it was more expensive. If you can live there before you need assisted living, it's a phenomenal place. If you go there and you're of sound mind and fairly good health, the place is outstanding. It is like going into a very fancy hotel where they have a little shop and an indoor pool. They have three dining places to eat so you can choose which area you want to eat in. I have heard a lot of very positive things about the villa part, but the assisted living, I don't know. The assisted living just wasn't homier. It was on the second or third floor, so it had that hospital kind of feeling.

Posted by Caring76938150 February 28, 2014

Freedom Village is a popular community. It is very well-run. I know it's a good community and everybody has good things to say about it here in Bradenton. I spoke with Tonya, one of the managers there several times. But it came down to the affordability. We couldn't afford it.

Posted by Caring73314950 October 30, 2013

My wife's mother is at Freedom Village. It's a very classy and upscale facility. What we were primary interested with that facility was the fact that they have continuing care and you are able to go from independent to nursing facility without leaving the campus. They are very impressive.

Posted by Marcy1 September 25, 2013

I like everything about this place. The staff is terrific. I absolutely have no complaints. I'm just very fortunate to be here at Freedom Village. I would absolutely recommend this place to others.

Posted by dcarman June 19, 2013
3.0

The staff is very competent and friendly, but the food is terrible. For people who look forward to meals as a big part of their days, it's tragic.

Posted by neryarevalo83 September 27, 2012
4.0

When I would come to visit my grandmother her residence was always neat and tidy even though it was small. She thought she lived at the five star of retirement homes and for the most part I couldn't find anything that made me feel otherwise. She loved being able to go swimming. She had lived most of her life near the beach in FL and the fact that Freedom Village has a pool was always a major plus. I have only visited one other facility. My other grandmother lived in England and passed away when I was very young and I do not remember much of the place she stayed other than it's garden, but I can't imagine that there are many better than Freedom Village. My grandmother always liked to think of herself as a very classy lady and the fact that Freedom Village had a restaurant, I don't remember the name, where the wait staff wore tuxedos and served excellent food always put a massive grin on her face. She passed away a happy lady with many friends she made,both residents and employees, at Freedom Village.

Posted by jlmarcy April 18, 2012
4.0

Freedom Village is like Disney World for the elderly. There are so many activities for the folks living there. It contains various luxurious ammenities such as swimming pools, shuffleboard and five different four star resturants where the servers and waiters wear tuxedos. The residents have the ability to come and go as they please until thier health prevents it. At that time they move to a more secure wing of the community where nurses and caring staff are there to help and provide the neccessary medical attention. The apartments are spacious and very luxurious. The residents bring furniture, pictures and various other items from the patients home to help to provide that feeling of being home. The facility is also right next to a golf course and if that isnt thier cup of tea there are plenty of activities to participate in if the notion presents itself. There are clubs and plenty of other social gatherings to attend if the patient is a social butterfly. The facility also has a bank located with-in one of the main hallways and it is a secure place totake care of finances. I would reccommend Freedom Village to anyone looking to bring the ease of assisted living with the comforts of home and the fine taste of luxury.

Posted by mmcaneol November 17, 2011
4.0

The staff at freedom village is very good. They treat the residents very well and are equally as nice to guests. In the immediate area there are lots of good things for the residents to do. The restaurants are good and it is located in a good area of Bradenton.

Posted by Kbobalik2009 September 11, 2011
3.0

My grandfather, Frank W is a member of the assisted living community at Freedom Village. Both my grandparents on my father's side of the family were members of an assisted living facility as well, but I chose to speak about Freedom Village because I have visited it more often and it has left a striking impression on me. The interior of the Freedom Village facility is what is most disappointing about the facility; it is laid out in the exact shape and atmosphere of a hospital and it constantly smells like urine. I often had to hold my breath upon entering the facility and was sad to think that individuals had to stay there. There were two people to a room, whih I liked because it allowed a sense of community, and the elder residents often befriended each other and liked the company of another in the room. However, the rooms were cramped, even for one person, and consequently all the resident's personal belongings were crammed into a room the size of a walk-in closet. The best thing about Freedom Village was the staff; I never say a single staff member be anything but kind or helpful throughout the entire stay, and they attended to all the patients with a kindness that touched my heart.

Posted by travisjones0 July 31, 2011

I recently had a tour of this facility and from my personal experience its very clean. The dinning room is awsome first rate food . They seem to be well staffed and the administration was very helpful showing genuine empathy. The halls were clean the residents that i met in the lobby seemed to be in very good spirits. Although it may seems that im gushing about the Pines what really was the kicker for me was the actitvites director. There were many things planned to keep any one who stayed there occupied and mentally stimulated . It seemed to Me that they made every effort to include all ability levels. This is something that ment a lot to me know that my father would be staying there and he is a very active person dispite his age. In conclusion i'd recommend anyone who is looking to find a nice plce to call home i'd say give the Pines of Sarasota a try.

Location of Freedom Village Bradenton

Features of Freedom Village Bradenton

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We do offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in apt.

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: FL ALF#5415

• Lowest monthly rate: 4,396
  • Highest monthly rate: 7,166
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum Memory Care Cost: 5,637

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details