Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Pointe at Newport Place

The Pointe at Newport Place provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

We are located on 17 acres, close to 1-95, recent renovation,upgrading apartments,also have a seperate building on the campus for Assisted Living and memory support.

Reviews of The Pointe at Newport Place

Posted by Toni9 September 23, 2014

The Pointe was beautiful. It was very well taken care of. It looked like a hotel. I would live there; that’s how immaculate the place was. The restaurant was immaculate as well. The grounds were beautiful. The apartments are gorgeous. The staff and the people were unbelievable. I met the people who lived there. They people were traveling. They were getting on buses and going out. They would dress well. It was amazing. Everything was gorgeous. I think it’s the nicest place.

Posted by Caring84568550 June 30, 2014
4.0

My mom has been at The Pointe of Newport Place for about two months now. I chose this because I was able to make an extensive background check with regards to the facility. She has a nice, spacious apartment. My mom is fine with the food there. She is a little bit limited in her activities because she has early stages of Parkinson's disease.

Posted by Sonia4 June 26, 2014

The grounds at The Pointe were nice. The whole place was very nice. It looked like an upscale hotel. The price was doable and comparable. Jackie, who gave us the tour, was very nice and helpful. The staff was very friendly; they answered our questions. I also spoke with the people there, and they said they were very happy that, if they have to live somewhere, that place is nice. So I did get positive feedback from some of the people I questioned that were there.

Posted by Caring1084 May 29, 2014
4.0

The Pointe at Newport Place was a beautiful facility. They had very nice people there. They had music brought in by guests that day when we went there. Also, their rooms were nice. However, the memory care facility was just one short hallway, and there was not much variety for the people who were there.

Posted by Jan-Sue May 21, 2014

I did visit The Pointe at Newport Place, and I was very impressed with the facility. Nothing smelled, and the people were nice, and the food looks good.

Posted by John84410950 May 11, 2014
2.0

I had Mom at The Pointe at Newport Place, and it didn’t work out well. Mom was there for about a month. She wasn’t happy there, and she didn’t like being there, so she didn’t participate in any activities. The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were very nice. I put on the menu that she doesn’t like fish, but they gave her fish. So obviously they don’t read what is on their questionnaires.

Posted by Marvin8 May 10, 2014
4.0

December of last year, me and my wife moved to The Pointe at Newport Place. We chose it because the price was right, the rooms were new, they also have an on-site physical therapist and occupational therapist, and above all, the food is excellent. Our room faces a courtyard looking out the activity building. We have two bedrooms, a full-sized living room, and a full kitchen. The food is excellent. The menu varies, and it is published a week in advance so you know what food is coming up. I would say the service is the best I have experienced in this type of facility. Within the first few days of our first week, everyone who came in contact with us already knew our names, and it made us feel like home. I personally have not yet participated in any activities, but my wife does participate in their exercises, and she is also active in the bridge club here.

Posted by Randi1 April 30, 2014

The independent living at The Pointe was wonderful. They were accommodating. It was a beautiful facility, very country club style. My mother and I went there for dinner, and we sat with some residents. It was lovely, active, and the food was delicious there, and the service was great. They have a ton of activities within the center itself, and they had a lot of things going on outside the community, like theater days and restaurants. They provided shuttles. It was just very, very, very nice. The lady there was terrific in helping. The director of nursing came and sat with us to try to evaluate my mom's needs, and she was terrific also.

Posted by Caring79283550 February 28, 2014
3.0

The Pointe at Newport Place is a very nice facility, but I felt it was very corporate. The facility is very clean and I can see that it is very well run. The lady who took me on a tour was extremely nice. I was really impressed, but I know that they are very expensive. They are pushing my mom to be in the independent living and not in the assisted living and that cannot be and so I don’t think they are conscious enough regarding the care.

Posted by Caring79977150 February 28, 2014
4.0

Pointe at Newport Place was a bigger place and seem more elegant. I just felt like I was in a 5-star hotel. They seem very caring. I spoke to the woman who gave the tour and I spoke to the director of activities. They got lots of different activities that seem like very good for the residents.

I thought the rooms were okay. They were standard size. The dining area looked very nice. Everything about the facility looked really nice. The view and the ambience was very elegant. So that was nice, but too much. They wouldn't give me a breakdown of prices so I didn't know if it's going to be pricey. So I chose a different facility because they were upfront with the prices. I didn't like the elegance. It seemed like a hotel.

Posted by Fred13 October 30, 2013

The Pointe is very nice and that's probably the one mom would have picked. We looked at various size rooms and they're very helpful to her. They had a computer room, card room, movie theatre and they had entertainment there.

Posted by bigalbie October 09, 2013
3.0

The Pointe was fine. The people working there was very nice. However, I was not impressed. It was not as good as the one I moved in to and it was more expensive.

Posted by JPM0817 April 06, 2013
1.0

I never got to see the facility, despite the fact that I had an appointment set up for me. They had no clue I was coming, and no interest in finding someone to fulfill their end of the appointment. The lobby is bright with many windows....that's all I see. The staff needs some customer service training.

Posted by Sheryl2 March 21, 2013

The Pointe at NewPort Place is very close to my home. The person that showed us around and explained everything to us was great. Her name was Gretchen and she did a good job. This facility was beautiful and it had all kinds of amenities. We were looking at independent living for my parents and if we had made a decision about it already, that would have been the place. The dining area was beautiful and we were very impressed with the whole place.

Posted by Sheryl1 March 19, 2013

We really, really liked The Pointe in Newport Place. It's very clean. It has facilities inside like a barbershop and a restaurant. That would have been the place we picked. It is really a nice place.

Posted by Pam 1 March 04, 2013

My brother had a traumatic brain injury, so I was looking for a place. Gretchen gave me a tour of The Pointe at Newport Place. She was very helpful. I was there a couple of hours. The place was lovely. They have both retirement and memory care facility. It was very impressive. It felt like walking into a luxury hotel when I walked in.

It was very nice and they seem to offer a lot for the residents. Not as luxurious, but that's okay. I like the remoteness of the location. However, I didn't want to put him in a memory care unit because he does not have Alzheimer's. He's only 56, and most of the residents are 70 or 80. So that was the biggest problem.

Posted by joedanger November 07, 2012
4.0

I went to visit this facility because my great grandmother had been living at the Pointe for quite some time. We learned from my grandfather that she had apparently stopped eating or drinking anything for a couple of days and wasn't looking like that was going to change, so she was likely going to die. Fortunately, we managed to make our visit despite living over four hours away before she passed the next day at the age of 107. It was a nice place, clean and with friendly staff. I felt like if she had to pass away anywhere, the Pointe probably would have been one of the best places to be since she had plenty of friendly staff members tending to her needs. We actually had one nurse speak with us and tell us a story about a conversation the two had had the previous year, so it was definitely nice to see that the staff actually wanted to get involved with the residents. It shows that they care.

Posted by sandrarian November 07, 2012

I thought very highly of this place. The amenities were quite nice, featuring a library and lounges where people could lounge and read. When I visited, I got to see pretty much all of the places in this facility. My best memory of this place involved a time when my relative was actually in the dining area eating. It really made me feel good that she was in good hands. The food was something you'd expect to have been made with a lot of care, and not just some pre-made food. The exterior of this place was just beautiful. It really felt like it was a home that I was entering. The lawn was kept very nice and the bushes were very tidy as well. Every time I went, it felt the exterior was serviced just the day before. One thing I would say is that there's no pool/water area in this facility though. I think that would be something that would have been nice to have.Overall, I was very impressed by this facility, it actually made me change my overall outlook on assisted living facilities. I think very highly of this place. Would definitely recommend if anyone is looking for assisted living in Boynton Beach.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd April 03, 2012
4.0

While in the Boynton Beach area, we happened upon The Pointe at Newport Place. We had been visiting some other facilities around the region to find a suitable place for my friend's mother.

We were glad that we didn't need an appointment to take a tour of the facility.

The outside grounds were nicely kept, with plenty of seating areas. Residents are encouraged to walk around regularly as they desire and supervision is always available.

The indoors were also impressive, with a nice library area and a large room for other activities, like board games and computers. There are other areas where residents may read, sit with friends or just relax and visit with friends and family.

The staff was welcoming and seemed to really like their jobs. That's really important to my friend, since his mother's family is scattered around the U.S. - which means they won't be able to visit as much as they'd like to.

His mother really enjoys getting out - and their list of activities included everything from local shopping, beauty salon and entertainment trips - to special events held at their facility and other places.

We liked the exercise room where they had yoga mats and machines. They also have scheduled classes for those who are interested.

The snacks offered all looked great. The dining areas included options from intimate to communal dining. Residents can choose whatever they like, as in a restaurant. The menu choices looked nutritious and delicious. The food looked and smelled like what you would find in upscale eateries.

The activity calendar features many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encourages participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents. They have outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping, sporting events, festivals, fairs, nature walks and many other recreational acitivities.

We had a very nice visit at this facility and it seemed like a great place for a senior to live.

Location of The Pointe at Newport Place

Features of The Pointe at Newport Place

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy

• Housing extra: 2 BR w/Den
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Golf
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in apt

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 62

• Lowest monthly rate: 1,875
  • Highest monthly rate: 4,140
  • Minimum Memory Care Cost: 2,920

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details