Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of The Carillon at Boulder Creek

Posted by LauraE May 22, 2012
3.0

The staff at Carillon are nice, and are welcoming. We don't know yet about the food as my mom hasn't moved in yet. We saw the rooms and they have really spacious rooms.

Posted by greenjellodancer November 16, 2011

The Carillon at Boulder Creek is luxury assisted-living and retirement community at its best. The ambiance is one of a five-star hotel, with the staff wearing matching uniforms, and the tiled foyer floor shining with a fresh washing. While touring the facility for my grandmother, we decided to stop into the on-premise restaurant, and were not disappointed. The fish tacos were absolutely wonderful, and the meals were moderately priced. We toured two rooms, a double occupancy, and one of the suites, and both were laid out smartly and were incredibly clean and well-kept. With an on-site salon, fitness center, game room, restaurant, and weekly activities, it made me wish they accepted younger residents! The staff was a nice blend of younger and older people, creating an incredibly welcoming environment. Even the cleaning crew was engaging and positive. It was a pleasant place to be in. I absolutely recommend the Carillon for anyone who's looking for an upscale assisted-living and retirement community!

Posted by kaf1 September 29, 2011

The Carillon at Boulder Creek is an independent/assisted living facility for seniors located in Boulder, CO. This facility provides one and two bedroom apartments in a lovely setting along Boulder Creek within blocks of the University of Colorado campus. The apartments are spacious and include full kitchens. The residents can choose to cook in their own apartments or dine in the facilities excellent restaurant, The Brookfield, which is also open to the public. There is a pool, workout facility and spa located on the premise as well. I have found the staff at the Carillon to be exceptional. They are friendly and helpful and take the time to really get to know you. Many of the positions in housekeeping and the dining room are filled by students from the University. These kids are bright, energetic and really add something to the interaction with the residents. The facility is new, having just opened in 2010. The location along the creek offers hiking and biking opportunities for more active residents as well as a pleasant, paved walkway which is wheelchair friendly. The are many shady spots to sit along the path and there is a lot of activity to observe as the creek is a friendly meeting spot for people both old and young alike. The location close to the University of Colorado offers opportunity to attend concert and lecture series as well as sporting events. In addition, the Carillon provides daily activities for the residents and something at least every couple of months for the residents and their families. These events are always well thought out. I have been visiting family members living at the Carillon several times a week for almost a year now and really have nothing negative to say, which I think is very telling. The Carillon posts as their mission "to positively impact the lives of everyone we meet, everyday" and I believe they really do try to live this mission.

Posted by Anne Togher, Caregiver Coach June 21, 2011

I know Carillon well. Several of my colleagues have gone to work there, and I've led training sessions for family caregivers there. I've toured it several times. They offer mostly independent living, but all of their rooms are also set up for assisted living, with wide doorways and grab bars in the baths. That makes it possible for residents to age in place"”at least up until they need a lot of care.

It's only been open about a year, and I think it's only about 40 percent occupied now. But it's beautiful. It's built on a hotel model and is very nicely done. The rooms are quite spacious, and some have great views. It's right in Boulder, close to shops and restaurants but also directly across the street from student housing for CU.

I haven't had much interaction with the direct care staff. But from what I've seen and heard, the administrative staff is good. Everyone seems to work well together. And the food service staff is great. They act like the staff at a good restaurant. They very consumer focused, accommodating.

It's best for those who are pretty independent"”still connected to the wider community"”can afford higher-end prices, and want to age in place in the same apartment.

Location of The Carillon at Boulder Creek