Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale

Posted by Heidi4 February 27, 2014
4.0

My grandmother was at Alden Gardens for about four or five months and the place was phenomenal. It was a new construction and very clean. The assisted living facility was really good. They have CNAs that came around and they do well-being checks a couple of times a day. They would help with laundry. It was basically set up like a studio apartment or a one-bedroom apartment with a bath, a bedroom and a kitchenette type thing with a refrigerator. You could have a toaster or microwave there. I believed they also had one and two bedroom apartments. It was really nice. There was a dining room downstairs. At that time, she was very active. They had exercise classes and art classes. They had a library. It has a secure entrance where you had to be buzzed in. It was actually locked down for residents' safety after a certain time at night. It was a really nice facility.

Posted by abcjoy June 13, 2013
4.0

After living at another facility for two years, I moved into the Gardens. What a difference. Much more attractive, pleasant, and well maintained. My sugar readings have gone down, and for the first time in years, my sugar levels are always in normal range. This is due mainly to the balanced nutritious meals served in the dining room. There are always enough choices for me to make a wise healthy choice. My studio apartment is spacious and very comfortable. And compared to other facilities, the price is right!

Posted by Elaine8 May 14, 2013

Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale was bright, clean and really pretty. The residents who lived there did not look like they were on assisted living because they were healthier and well put-up.

Posted by mosaicflower February 12, 2013
1.0

My mother currently resides there. Most of the staff is superb. The director who is currently Mr. Anderson is a bully who scares the residents into doing what he wants them to do "and if you don't like it leave" is what he tells residents and family members who complain. Go some where else, anywhere else until the director this director is removed. Talk to Glen Oaks hospital and Bloomingdale police department they know him all to well. The Alden Network will do nothing! We have complained by phone, letters and with the state and they won't even take a meeting with us, they send all complaints back to Mr. Anderson to deal with.

Posted by rn5399 February 11, 2013
4.0

My sister moved from a horrible dirty dingy litttle apartment to a lovely airy spacious studio, with private washroom/shower. Refrigerator and microwave if she feels like eating in her studio. Otherwise the meals in the DR are generally very nice, great selection and variety. Some people complain, but some complain about everything anyway. They are cooking for a very large crowd, and I think they do a pretty darned good job. The facility is very clean. There are numerous rooms/areas where people can sit and read to be alone, or gather with others to converse or play games.

Posted by kittykat1 November 21, 2012
3.0

I think that the place is way under staffed. There is never enough people to take care of the residents. I feel that every time I go there that the staff is lazy and work very slow. No one seems to care about the well being of the residents. The dr's dont care about the residents either. Ordering meds for my family member when they have never even met my family member?

Posted by Linus Chang January 31, 2012
4.0

My grandmother lived here for ten months, and I honestly wish she could have been there for much longer. The building is new (constructed two years ago) and really clean. The first floor is the heart of the building, with the dining room, library, and activity rooms. Family can join residents for meals for $5 a person. The food is hit-or-miss (usually miss), but it is nice to be able to sit down over a meal. The CNAs and staff are quite friendly. They are good about administering medicines when requested, and just helping out as needed. Unfortunately, my grandmother has dementia and thought they were ordering her around and spying on her. The dementia is also why my grandmother is no longer in assisted living.There does seem to be a lack of communication between the assisted living facility and the nursing home next door. In our case, we received a number of conflicting messages that frustrated us. I would recommend (especially if you have POA) communicating by e-mail, especially with the administration. I'm not blaming the administrators, but I think things could have been clearer along the way.

Location of Alden Gardens of Bloomingdale