From the Provider
Many seniors say that aging in place is their number one goal. Country Meadows of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania makes aging in place possible. They offer independent living, assisted living, memory care â€“ and, Country Meadows is the only personal care center in Bethlehem to offer skilled nursing in a nursing home environment. Once a senior moves to Country Meadows, she won't need to move again.
Country Meadows of Bethlehem has a 27-acre property right in the heart of Lehigh valley. Its countryside setting includes a picnic pavilion and abundant outdoor activities for residents. Residents can also go for a weekly swim at the nearby Bethlehem Township Community Center's pool.
There's plenty to do in the area around Country Meadows of Bethlehem -- including visits to the Sands Casino and Resort, studies at Northampton Community College, and art and performances at the area's State Theatre. Residents also attend the nationally acclaimed Musikfest -- a festival features fun, food and music over a 10-day period each summer.
On campus, Country Meadows of Bethlehem offers a variety of creative activities and pastimes -- including activities you won't find elsewhere, like harmonica bands and djembe drum circles. Activities like these promote fun and social interaction and deliver a considerable workout. In addition, staff are trained to meet residents' special needs, such as fitness trainers who specialize in helping seniors with arthritis.
Country Meadows Retirement Communities is a multi-generational family business, founded by former Pennsylvania Governor George M. Leader and wife Mary Jane. For over four decades, the organization has remained family-owned, with the founders still sitting on the board. Adult children Michael Leader (CEO), David Leader (COO), and brother-in-law, Ted Janeczek (CFO), now run the establishment. There are a total of 10 communities owned by Country Meadows -- nine in Pennsylvania, and one in Frederick, Maryland.
The organization's family mission is to keep residents self-sufficient and independent as long as possible. How independent is independent? The answer differs for each resident. As we age, we lose ability to perform certain tasks -- but there are other tasks we can still do. Country Meadows assesses each individual to find out what he can do and where he needs help. Country Meadows meets residents where they're at. For example, a man who can no longer drive might be able to help with directions; a woman who can't use a knife to chop carrots safely might be able to fold napkins or tear lettuce.
Country Meadows staff also customizes exercise programs to each individual's ability. Classes are instructed according to levels of proficiency for optimum physical, mental, and spiritual benefits.
Country Meadows strives to help residents find meaning in their lives. The staff knows that giving back to the community can be extremely gratifying to seniors, even as they themselves are receiving assistance. For example, a resident might need assistance getting dressed because it hurts to lift her arms -- but that very same resident might be able to participate in an arthritis advocacy walk. She is giving back and making a difference, and her contribution matters. Country Meadows has partnered with numerous charitable organizations to make opportunities like this possible, because they know that senior lives are made richer when they can help others.
One secret of Country Meadows' Success: they recruit and retain the best staff in the area. They've been deemed "Best Place to Work in Pennsylvania" eight times between 2001-2011. This is no accident: Country Meadows management strives to create a culture of fulfillment and passion by providing ongoing training, education, and career enhancement opportunities. Employees are happy to be here, and families notice that they are gracious, approachable, and helpful.
- Close proximity to libraries, senior centers, banks, churches, temples, doctors' offices, veteranarians' offices
- Shared areas for amusing guests, mingling, and unwinding
- Picnic pavilion
- Multiple dining rooms
- Private dining room
- Fitness: equipment specially designed for use by seniors
- Computer center with access and instructions
- Housing organized according to peer groups
- Beauty shop
- Barber shop
- Gift shop
* Apartment complexes are grouped according to level of care
- Annual Musikfest: 10-day summer celebration
- State Theatre: year-round performances and art
- Lunch & Learn: lectures from outside speakers
According to Director of Advertising, Mandi Block, "It's all about you." Classes are organized by differing levels of ability. Some activities are actually run by the seniors -- for example, one small group regularly watches opera on DVDs together.
- Nautilus: exercises are devised for seniors
- Tai Chi
- Gentle yoga
- Wii bowling league: all locations of Country Meadows compete against each other annually
- Additional computer games include golfing, tennis, and baseball Life-long learning programs
- Volunteer opportunities, like Bethlehem area Meals on Wheels
- Art classes
- Painting courses
- Piano lessons
- Harmonica band
- Djembe drum circles sessions
- Cooking presentations
- Current events exchanges
- Support groups including groups for grief, Alzheimer's, and memory care
- Movie nights
- Fireside chats
- Shopping trips
- Lunch out
- Field trips to museums
- Organized travel ventures
- Skilled nursing
- Individual food preferences by profile addressed
- Devoted fitness staff to assist with exercises
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Massage therapy
- Day-long dining: snacks and beverages
- Regular, high-caliber meals served three times per day
- Dressing assistance
- Medication management
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly linen services
- Transportation to appointments, errands, shopping, and church
- Full-time, onsite chaplains with referrals to clerics for other religions
- Potential residents learn total costs immediately, as the rental fee is all-inclusive with services
- Rental fee covers all utilities plus cable television and wireless internet access
- No buy-in fee
- 24-hour trained, compassionate staff
Country Meadows has proven through four decades that it walks its talk. Goals are to:
- Promote a Genuine Sense of Community
- Honor the Rights and Independence of Seniors
- Support Wellness in all of its Dimensions
- Encourage Lifelong Growth and Development
- Provide Leadership to Our Team
- Practice Professional and Social Responsibility
- Create the Standard for Quality
- Establish a Culture of Integrity
|Lowest Monthly Rate:||
|Highest Monthly Rate:||
|Financial Guidance Offered:||
|Types of Residence:||
Reviews of Country Meadows of Bethlehem
Average Rating: based on 1 Review
I visited this facility
I visited a relative at Country Meadows. It was very clean and the employees were kind. The rooms where the residents stayed were nice. It was like every resident had their own little apartment. The kitchen area was very nice as well. Families can sit and eat together. The grounds had fantastic landscaping. The residents could go out and sit on a sunny day. Since it is an assisted community, nurses checked in during certain hours. It was nice to know that someone is checking in on your family member. There's also different activities that the residents participate in to make friends. When you are visiting, you can watch these activities.
Location of Country Meadows of Bethlehem
Features of Country Meadows of Bethlehem
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Fitness Room/Gym