Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Mount Vernon of South Park

Mount Vernon of South Park offers compassionate senior care in South Park, PA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Mount Vernon of South Park shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in South Park, PA.

Reviews of Mount Vernon of South Park

Posted by Caring78381050 February 28, 2014
4.0

Mount Vernon was clean and nice. But they did not get back to us to follow up, so I think the staff is not so good. That's all I can say.

Posted by Caring75279050 January 18, 2014
4.0

My father is on a waiting list right now at Mt. Vernon of South Park. We chose this because I like the size of the rooms. They did have three different sizes of rooms there and they're nice. I like that if my father had to be transported, it wasn't as much as the other places. I like that it has onsite laundry facility. I also like the fact that they didn't have to wake my father up at certain times of the day just to get out of bed to eat. The facility is all one floor. It's not overdone or underdone, it just seemed like the right atmosphere for him. The staff had been very helpful. We did see the activity room but at the time we went there, we didn't see all the activities. They were playing cards and hanging out together, which was nice.

Posted by Karen65770550 July 24, 2013
4.0

I chose Mount Vernon of South Park for my mom because it was very clean, it had good recommendations, close to my house and the price was really good. The staff were very caring, attentive and they assisted her all the time. She shared her room with a roommate and they had a bathroom. It was nice. The food was delicious too. It would be better if they had more external activities. I would recommend this place to others.

Posted by jonathan43571 October 30, 2012
3.0

I visited this facility with my grandmother, and we thought it was adequate and a decent facility for the area. The building was very clean and well kept, and the facility was decorated nicely. The staff was the highlight of the trip. They seemed to be very attentive to all of their patients needs, and they were all very knowledgeable and able to keep up with all of the residents demands. The rooms were a bit small, but nice enough and were well kept. The food was very good, and the staff is willing to give seconds to anyone who asks. One downside of the facility is that it is further away from the city than I would've liked, but if you live in the south hills then it would be perfect for you. I also would've liked to have seen more facilities for the patients such as swimming, exercise, etc., as well as some more day activities and trips.

Posted by tmartn August 28, 2012
4.0

Overall, Mount Vernon of South Park seemed to be a nice place to live for anybody in a situation that required that kind of care. My personal experiences deal mainly with the Alzheimer's care section of the facility, a section that is on its own and completely separated from the other residents. The Alzheimer's care section had its own dedicated staff of nurses and aids that were very knowledgeable about what kind of care and attention Alzheimer's patients required and took great pride in caring for their patients to the best of their abilities. To ensure proper care is able to be given by its staff, especially in cases of emergency, Mount Vernon of South Park makes sure all of its caregivers are physically able to handle anything that may happen and anybody that is familiar with Alzheimer's patients knows that a certain amount of physical fitness can be required at times to ensure patient safety. The only downfall of Mount Vernon of South Park, and this mainly deals with the residents that are not part of the Alzheimer's section, is the lack of amenities like exercise equipment, swimming pool, etc. There is a nice lounge were residents can socialize, but I feel like exercise opportunities should be made available also.

Posted by Kara238 January 21, 2012

My grandmother was a resident at Mt. Vernon and I wanted to thank each and every staff member for making her stay such a pleasant one. My grandmother has dementia and is confused mentally and needed much assistance with her daily needs. The staff consistently met her basic needs and often went above and beyond my expectations. The cleanliness of the building was the first thing that caught my eye. There were no odors that other facilities had when my husband and I toured other buildings. We tasted the food that was prepared for the lunch time meal and it was very tasty and delicious. Any resident that asked for another portion was kindly brought another plate. The nursing staff is second to none and met every one of my grandmother needs. From the time we walked in to the time we left and took her back home, we were confident that my grandmother was in good hands.If you are in need of help for a loved one, I suggest visiting Mt. Vernon. I do and will continue to recommend Mt. Vernon to my friends and others who may need this type of assistance.

Posted by Carol Z. January 19, 2012

My mother has been a resident of Mt. Vernon for 4 months. This facility provides a very homelike, secure environment for her and has met ,and in some instances ,exceeded my expectations. The nursing staff has been exceptional in evalutating and implementing a care program that has worked well for her transition. When I have any suggestions or concerns regarding my mother's care, the administration is readily accessable and willing to offer suggestions and/or implement positive changes. I am very happy with many of the on-site services at Mt. Vernon. Genesis Rehab has been exceptional in helping my mother be as independent and safe as possible for her age. The staff at Mt. Vernon has treated my mother with kindness and love. Being an RN myself, I can truly appreciate the hard work and devotion of the workers here.

Posted by caregiver7 November 19, 2011
1.0

My elderly father lived in this assisted living facility for approximately six months. Each resident had their personal living space. The facility had a pleasant , homey environment. My Dad referred to his living space as his apartment. My regret is that the staff, including the attending physician, did not provide proper wound care for my Dad. As a result, my Dad died from sepsis. It was heart-wrenching to see our Dad needlessly suffer. He had no other life-threatening illness at the time of his death. I voiced my concerns to administration of the facility and at the corporate level about the lack of care that led to our Dad's death. I understand that there was an investigation and an administration change, but that did not undo the damage that had been done.

Location of Mount Vernon of South Park

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 2,610
  • Highest monthly rate: 3,660

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details