Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of The Arbors at Buck Run

Posted by Caring72417350 July 19, 2014
1.0

Right now my parents are at The Arbors at Buck Run. They have been there for a couple of months now. They need to hire some nurses over there because they are understaffed. The nurse that they have, I don't even think she is an RN because she doesn't really know what she is doing. So far, I am really not happy with it. They tell you one thing when you go for the interview and go into walk around, and that is completely different when you move in. Other people need to be aware of that. I don't feel that they are getting round-the-clock nurse care for $6000 a month. The care is just the main thing. I have been to the administration several times over a couple of incidents that have occurred, and all they do is tell me that my parents are difficult. My dad pulled the string one night so the nurse would come because my mom fell, and no one ever came in. I have had so many problems over the past few months with them. Every time I see something wrong they just argue with me instead of just checking it.

Posted by Donna27 August 28, 2013

My visit with The Arbors at Buck Run was terrific. It was for my mother-in-law. It is not too far from me, so it would be so much easier if my mother-in-law was there. It is a brand new facility. The place looks beautiful. Its living environment is outstanding. Everybody there seems very happy.

Posted by sleepnsurf May 19, 2012
2.0

The actual grounds of this location are amazing. The well kept living facilities are quite impressive, but if you look a little deeper it is not that great of a place. In walking around we noticed there was not much social activity going on. When we inquired about this we were told there are not many planned social events for residents. To me this is a big negative as I expect a social opportunity for my father as part of his experience. It is a shame that such a nice location has poor social activities.

Posted by sunshineday February 05, 2012
4.0

Over all I was pleased with the staff along with the condition of the facility at The Arbors At Buck Run. My mother in law was there in the Alzheimer's unit while my father in law was in the hospital and unable to care for her. The facility is clean and the staff seem friendly. Although I believe it is difficult dealing with people with Alzheimer's the one complaint that I have about the facility is a few of the nursing staff seem to be a bit short with the Alzheimer patients. There were days when my mother in law may or may not have been fed properly, the jury is still out on that one and it is still rather questionable if the records are accurate. We have discussed at length our concerns with my mother in laws social worker to resolve the issue and try to ensure this does not happen to anyone else. All in all the grounds are nice, most of the staff is pleasant to deal with and friendly, and it seems that most care about the people that reside there.

Location of The Arbors at Buck Run