From the Provider
Vi at Aventura is an upscale, Type A continuing care retirement community located in South Florida. A short drive to downtown Miami, the community is across from the Aventura Mall and near many other local attractions.
With a wide variety of distinctive amenities, fine dining, lifestyle activities, and a continuum of care, Vi at Aventura is committed to providing quality environments, services and programs to enrich the lives of older adults. In addition to on-campus lifestyle and fitness programming, residents also participating in scheduled outings to the Florida Grand Opera, Miami City Ballet, and guest speakers from Florida International University.
At Vi at Aventura your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 12 one bedroom, one bedroom plus den, two bedroom, or two bed plus den floor plans. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a part of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.
The Vi family of communities consists of 10 continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) located in six states across the U.S. In 2012 we celebrated our 25th anniversary as a developer, owner and operator of residential communities for older adults. We also maintain a commitment to financial stability at all of our locations, and with our final construction loan paid off in 2011, all CCRCs are now free of third party debt.
- Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
- Building maintenance
- Lawn care and landscaping
- Weekly light housekeeping of your home
- Weekly laundering of linens and towels
- Personal laundry and dry cleaning services available at an extra charge
- Healthful meals developed for the nutritional needs and flavor preferences of older adults
- Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared using seafood and produce delivered six days a week, and locally sourced foods when possible
- Foods prepared by chefs who have received customized training provided by the Culinary Institute of America on nutrition, healthy cooking and baking techniques, flavor dynamics, and food and wine pairing
- Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
- Fully stocked back and cocktail lounge with top shelf liquors
- Catering available for private parties and events at an additional cost
Parking and Transportation
- Garage parking for each residence
- 24-hour valet parking services in our garage for your vehicle
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
Salon and Spa
- Coral Reef Salon provides a full spa menu of services including cut and color, styling, manicure and pedicure, and massage
- Salon and spa services available at an additional charge
- Gatehouse and front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents and register guests
- Philips Lifeline® alert system in each residence
- Notary public available by appointment
- Safety deposit boxes available
- Reading areas stocked with books and magazines
- Meeting room for book clubs and reading groups
- "Video magnifier" machine to magnify reading materials
- Computer center with high-speed Internet access
- Billiard, card and game room
- Meeting room for lectures and community meetings
- Rooms available for parties and celebrations
- Social spaces throughout the community area
- Landscaped grounds and courtyards
- Comfortable hotel-like rooms available by reservation for overnight guests at additional cost
- Campus is situated on Aventura's Country Club Drive Circle, a three mile walking/jogging paved promenade
- A short distance from Waterways Dog Park
- Pets 30 pounds and under are welcome
- Staffed by a registered nurse available for confidential health consultation
- Scheduled routine health screenings
- Access to health care resources and classes
- Equipment including treadmills, bicycles and weights for strength training and cardio fitness
- Fitness instruction and classes, including Yoga and strength and balance classes
Pool and Whirlpool
- Heated indoor pool for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation
- Therapeutic whirlpool
- Choice of 1 bedroom, 1 bedroom plus den, 2 bedroom or 2 bedroom plus den
- Cable and phone ready
- Emergency call system
- Kitchen and dining area
- Temperature control
- Patio/balcony on all units
Lifestyle opportunities include:
- Cultural outings
- Book and special interest clubs
- Celebrations and socials
- Fitness classes for all levels and interests
Reviews of Vi at Aventura
Average Rating: based on 3 Reviews
I visited this facility
Vi was beautiful and I loved it. I saw the apartments and they were beautiful. It would have been my choice but even though the cost was reasonable, I just cannot afford. The monthly fee is too high for me.
I visited this facility
We liked everything about Vi. It is close to a casino and a mall is right across the street and it's over on the side close to the water. If you can afford it, it's fabulous. I'm 50 and I will live there. It was fantastic. The units were beautiful, top of the line, spacious and modern. They upgrade them every at least 10 or 12 years. I like the fact that when you get up the elevator, there are five units within the elevator. You don't have to take more than five steps and you're at your front door in either direction.
I have no complaint from the food, the formal dining room, the other dining room, the valet and hair salon. They have doctors on staff and they have a moving coordinator who would help you actually move and pack up for where you are to make sure your furniture fits and they have to coordinate with movers. They had different pricing plans and you could get a percentage of your money back depending on how much you put down and how much you get back.
In case of evacuation, the residents can actually go and live with someone during the evacuation period or they will send them to the other resort in Orlando until after the evacuation is over. They have all levels of care so you can move in independent but if you need to transition all the way down to Alzheimer's, you can still stay there.
I visited this facility
We decided to visit Vi at Aventura assisted living facility as we really liked the Miami area and it is convenient for my friend's mother's family.
We liked that it is a full-service, safe high-rise building. The views of the city were spectacular. Since it was a hotel - it has all of the amenities and has retained all of the beauty. The building was very well maintained as a Hyatt property, and they continue to do so.
The outer grounds feature a lovely courtyard with exotic palm trees and waterfalls, with nice seating areas to enjoy. The nearby pond is also a nice touch. The classical design and decor had an open-air feel. The main foyer had a gorgeous winding staircase.
The dining rooms were stunning. The high ceilings and chandeliers add a level of elegance rarely seen in an assisted living facility. The activity rooms and lounges were all nicely decorated.
The living spaces were well-designed and spacious.There is plenty of professional, yet friendly staff to take care of basic needs. All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too.
The activities ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading and watching film and TV "“ some people were also using computers. The staff is well-versed at taking care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory "“ to people who have memory issues.
The outside activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies "“ to day trips to nearby regions.
They have planned exercise classes "“ but also offer residents to work out any time they wish. We liked that they encourage exercise.
We are glad we took the time to look at this facility and it is in the running as one of the better ones we have visited so far in the region.
Location of Vi at Aventura
Features of Vi at Aventura
- We charge an entry fee
- Lowest monthly rate: 3,660