Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Summit at Lakeway

The Summit at Lakeway provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents at The Summit at Lakeway enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Reviews of The Summit at Lakeway

Posted by Krista J. June 25, 2013

We needed a place that's in Lakeway because that's where my brother lives. Luckily, there was an opening at The Summit, so we placed my father there. Currently, he is adjusting really well. I highly recommend this facility. They have gone above and beyond to make him feel comfortable. They gave him a first floor room, so he can go outside and smoke. He is also allowed to bring his dog and they take the dog for walks because my dad isn't able to walk his dog anymore. The staff members are very friendly and the food is great. I can't think of anything negative at all. It has just been perfect.

Posted by inspire me March 29, 2013

The Summit at Lakeway was one of the best in Central Texas. This was the reason why I chose this facility for my parents. Everything was there, so I wouldn't have to move them from one place to another. The staff exceeded my expectations. A really great place.

Posted by Stephen2 August 21, 2012
4.0

It has ambience, tries to emulate the best kind of hotels and is well-staffed. It is three stories tall, with the bottom level provided with private gardens/yards. My friend is staying in a two room flat with a kitchen alcove. The staff is pleasant, attentative and, generally, very professional. The Activities Director is imaginative and resourceful. All in all my friend is getting all the support and help needed. As a guest you're politely and courteously received, and you can stay for lunch or supper.

Posted by tl161 August 06, 2012

My Mother was a resident of The Summit at Lakeway for 2 years. She suffered from Alzheimer's Disease, COPD, CHF, and other diseases. The wonderful attention and care she received from the staff assisted us in keeping her away from several hospitalizations. They treated her as a member of their family. The staff were responsive to any and all of our questions and concerns. We were able to request and attend "care plan" meetings to discuss our mother's care.

Posted by danny1 July 30, 2012
4.0

While i do believe that the staff was taking good enough care of my mom at most times . at others it seemed as though there was no way for her to get the care that she needed due to overcrowding of the smaller facility. Altough my mom can take good care of herself right now i am not so sure about the future. What am i going to do when she cant take care of herself and these staffmembers are so buysy that she endures neglect or minor abuse. i do believe though that this place does deserve four stars because at least for now she is well taken care of.And plus my mom loves to eat and they have an excellent buffet style complementry cafeteria. which my mother just loves because she loves to eat. It also has a good location seeing as wich its not that far from my current location in dallas. To summarize the staff is friendly but understaffed.They are excellent at what they do whenever they can do it. And it is a thriving community of people in their golden years. plus it has a very lush rich landscape

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd June 07, 2012
4.0

The Summit at Lakeway assisted living facility was in the same vicinity where we were visiting the area to look at possible places for my brother's friend to live in.

The facility looked like it was well tended the grounds were neat. The outside area was ample, with plenty of seating areas to enjoy. My brother's friend really likes living next to a park like area, so this would make him very happy.

The variety of activities offered was impressive. Just about any hobby you might have can be accommodated and more. The staff goes out of its way to suggest stimulating things to do from gardening, to reading, going on nature walks, playing games and outings in the community.

The rooms we viewed were all very clean, well-kept and inviting kind of resembling what you might find at a hotel that rents out small apartments but a bit more personal.

The lunch we saw while there looked really appetizing. The menu was extensive so we were really impressed with the variety of food selections.

We liked that the exercise room was large and had a variety of options to choose from. The library had a large book selection and also visit the local libraries.

Overall, the facility really looked like a place anyone would like to live. We didn't see anything missing - it just looked like it was all right there.

Posted by Ltstudent12 January 28, 2012

I took a field trip to The Summit when I was a junior in high school. Initially, I was a little apprehensive of visiting the residents. However, I soon began to feel right at home. It was a very nice building and very well equipped. All of the people there seemed genuinely happy. The staff treated them very well. Each person had their own apartment. They were equipped with a bathroom, television and decently sized bed ( I felt the individual bathrooms were very important.) Also, everybody was free to equip their apartment with whatever furniture and decoration they wanted. The result was a multitude of stylish and unique rooms. It gave the whole place more of a homely feel. While there i even got to try the food that they ate. It was pretty good. Far better than any would expect from an assisted living home. Local bands also played there on occasion for the amusement of the elderly.

Location of The Summit at Lakeway