Cost

Starting at $2,785/mo.; $4,055/mo. (ALZ)

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Lake Arlington (Formerly Horizon Bay - Arlington)

Brookdale Lake Arlington provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Arlington, TX community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Lake Arlington can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Brookdale Lake Arlington is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Arlington, TX community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Reviews of Brookdale Lake Arlington (Formerly Horizon Bay - Arlington)

Posted by Haydee1 October 16, 2014
4.0

Horizon Bay Arlington was very clean. Everything that I saw in that place was good. The staff was nice as well. The nurses' station was in the middle which you could see directly when you walk in. The reception area was on its left side and the rooms were on its right side. The dining area was straight ahead. They had a dining room where everybody can eat.They also had a private dining room for residents who needed extra care. I saw a two bedroom apartment, and it was pretty spacious. The residents can bring their own furniture. They had a gazebo for their exercises. I like that the place smells good. I think the place was great.

Posted by Caring85264350 June 30, 2014
4.0

I visited Horizon Bay Arlington and was treated very nicely. The staff was friendly, and there was no rush. The rooms were clean and decent. It was a nice place. I like the attitude and atmosphere of everything there. The facility was clean and had a friendly feeling. I thought it was a positive experience.

Posted by Caring86713750 June 18, 2014
4.0

The woman at Horizon Bay is great. Everything is clean and neat. There is a little area for them to have breakfast, and then they can have any of their meals in the dining room. They look like they have quite a few activities that could help my mother-in-law. They have special activities for Alzheimer patients, and it's like a therapy but more gamey. I like that because my mother-in-law is getting worse by the day. It seemed like they care about their residents and that's what I was looking for.

Posted by William26 January 28, 2014

Everything was good at Horizon Bay. It was one of the better places I like. The place itself was fine. The staff were very accommodating. It was Saturday morning when we visited the place, they were having an activity group. They have a room where they play old movies pretty much of the time. I liked best about this place was the friendliness of the staff, their willingness to help and their interest in their jobs.

Posted by Claire9 December 31, 2013

Horizon Bay at Arlington was very nice and so as it's staff. They had activities like bingo and movies. But it's just too small for us.

Posted by Caring74636350 December 30, 2013

I have a two bedroom, two bath apartment at Horizon Bay Arlington. I really like the atmosphere of the place. The staff were excellent and the residents are nice. They have a fenced courtyard so I can take my dog out with no fear her being attacked or getting away. So everything is very good here. They do offer activities, but I don’t participate. I have no complains at all in this facility and I'm glad I moved.

Posted by Alana4 November 28, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Horizon Bay. From the office staff to the maintenance men, their caring concern has been shown to both my friend and to me and other visitors. These people have made it obvious that this was the right decision for a retirement facility.

Posted by Caring57721 September 29, 2013
4.0

I got some friends who had parents up in Horizon Bay, so I had been there several times. For my parents though, I think it was more than what they could afford. This facility was like three blocks from where I live. It was very nice. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. I've only seen an efficiency apartment and it was just average-looking.

Posted by Thomas14 August 01, 2013

I thought Horizon Bay-Arlington was really nice. They had personal living quarters. You could have dinner anytime you wanted. The kitchen was always open and you could just walk in there. The staff was nice and friendly. It's just that there's no way to afford a place like that unless you had assistance of some kind.

Posted by jb33 April 14, 2012

I have a family friend that lives at Horizon Bay and I have visited her here several times. Everytime I have come it always feels peaceful and homey. It's nice because it has the feel of independant living, but also the support of assited living if you should need it. Our friend especially likes the shuttle service they offer, taking her to near by shopping, dining or anywere she may need to go. The community also offers many other added benefits that most other apartment housing wouldn't. They have a beauty salon, library, computer lab, tea room, just to name a few and also have around the clock restaurant style dining prepared freshly daily by a chef.. how cool is that! Another wonderful benefit is their I-Care program that offers residents help with daily living, activites and memory care. Which I think is a very vital and important program to have that many facilites do not offer. With all the wonderful programs and benefits offered by Horizon Bay, I think the most wonderful quality of this community is the compassionate care provided by all the staff. I would definetly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a wonderful place to call home.

Posted by Concrete angel November 17, 2011
4.0

I arrived at this facility as a visitor during the Christmas holiday season with a class from my school. We were there to bring some holiday cheer to the residents at this facility. Upon arriving the first thing I noticed was how immaculate the place was. Everything looked new and clean, layed out ienenn perfect order. The staff was very nice and helpful, treating the residents as if they were family to them. We were told upon arriving that not all residents would be able to participate. We were told to wash our hands and not to touch anything that would harm the residents. We got to talk to several residents and hear their sad stories of how they rarely have visitors, and feel as if their families have sort of forgotten about them, out of sight out of mind, an that the holiday season isn't so cheerful anymore because of that fact. They said that the nurses and employees that work there are likthese only family they have, it was a horrible thing to hear. But they made us visitors feel so special knowing that we were able to touch the lives of many of these residents who really had no hope left. The nurses were very accommodating to all of them in more than one way and when they thought they were over stimulated they took them back to their rooms for a nap. had a piano in the main hall where we played music and sang to the residents, trying to bring them Christmas cheer.

Posted by WelbBox June 23, 2011

Horizon Bay is a great way of living in comfort and peace. I have enjoyed 2 years at Horizon Bay and have enjoyed all my days here. It enables me to live independently and safely because it is just minutes away from Arlington Memorial Hospital. I also get to have fun because it is right by many shopping and entertainment centers. I mainly enjoy not having to do household chores, mowing the lawn. It also makes me feel right at home with the apartment style housing. Its great because they shuttle you to where you would like to eat, and they transport me where ever i would like to go. And that is why Horizon Bay is a great place to live, i hope it helps your decision on assisted living.

Posted by Carolee-1 July 20, 2009

My loved one stayed here

I just wanted to post in response to the prior review. The two complaints everyone there has are: the food and boredom. I can't eat there. Institutional food. The final straw was noodles being served by a gloved hand depositing food from tray to plate. Not even a serving utensil. I always take my mother out to eat when I visit each week. On a positive note this was the nicest place we saw when shopping for a place.

Location of Brookdale Lake Arlington (Formerly Horizon Bay - Arlington)

Features of Brookdale Lake Arlington (Formerly Horizon Bay - Arlington)

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Lowest monthly rate: 2,785