Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Charleston at Cedar Hills

At The Charleston, we focus on our mission and values daily in our resident care. Our residents are some of the finest people in Utah and their lives have meaning and purpose. We feel that our mission is to assist our residents in maintaining their independence, health and dignity at its highest level. We realize that this is our resident's home and we will honor it as such. We are dedicated and loyal health care workers who believe that our seniors have a vital role in today's society. We dedicate ourselves to our residents each and every day by giving 110% of our time, effort and knowledge.

The Charleston features a variety of amenities to satisfy the varied interests of our residents. As you enter our grand foyer, sit and relax a bit while listening to a mini concert on our baby grand piano. If you're hungry, grab a drink and treat from the café. Retire to the library for a quiet moment of reading or enjoy an afternoon at the theater in our media room. Enjoy your meal on the patio or order room service. Whatever you like, it's your choice, your life, your way!

Having a bad hair day? We offer the salon that can satisfy your hair needs. You can also rejuvenate at our exercise and wellness classes. Our RN will keep you on the right track with wellness checks. We'll keep you healthy and active, so you can do what you've always wanted to do.

Reviews of The Charleston at Cedar Hills

Posted by Judy 2 October 29, 2012

My father was in The Charleston for three months. It was a large facility with more sophisticated care. They have an activities director, church services, beautiful dining room where residents could pick from a menu. The food was excellent. The building itself was very nice. I think they try hard to do their job. But my father's condition progressed to the point where he was wandering. And the facility is not contained, so there was a possibility that he could wander away. That was one of the reasons that we had to move him to a more self-contained place. They tried hard to help him and I think that they're very good facility. I was impressed with them.

Posted by Andrew 1 October 17, 2012

The Charleston didn't come furnished, but we weren't looking for a furnished one anyway. It has a private bath, very spacious and nice accommodations. Well-kept, very nice employees, it's a great place. I would recommend this facility.

Posted by Joseph Newell June 12, 2012
4.0

Honestly I feel like they do a great job. She has her own place that consists of a living room, bathroom, and bedroom. They allowed my grandmother to bring in all of her old things. It looks just like her old place. The staff seems very nice and caring. I have never seen one act inappropriately or frustrated with anyone. I even dated one of the girls that works there. The food seemed OK. They have a rotating menu and an a la carte section that stays constant. It was nothing incredible, but it gave enough variety to work. The quality of the food was medium. Nothing really special, but also not just a piece of burnt toast and mush.They frequently have events for all those that live there. Performances, games, etc. to try and keep them entertained. My grandmother never says anything negative about the place, even though she prefers not to go to dinner, just lunch.

Posted by marychg June 04, 2012
4.0

My mother has lived at the Charleston for over two years now. We are very pleased with the care and concern of all the staff. They are friendly, very helpful, always cheerful, and kind. We feel perfectly at ease knowing that our mother is in such a clean, friendly environment. The one complaint that she has is that the food is sometimes not very good. She loves fresh vegetables and fruits and she says there are not many of those served. We would recommend the Charleston to anyone looking for a clean, friendly, safe, and pleasant environment for their loved one.

Posted by CHanagan November 04, 2011

My mom has lived at The Charleston since 2006. It is a beautiful place with staff far better than most facilities. I stay with my mom for 4-7 days every couple of months, so I know how the staff interacts with the residents. The staff loves the residents and I had NEVER seen any unkind or inappropriate act there. I grew up visiting nursing homes, etc. and I know a good facility. This is top notch. There are gorgeous paintings and decor that reflects the original owners southern touches, being from Charleston, SC. Along with the posh decor the dining facility provides a large variety of cuisine and the food is good. I eat there 3 meals a day when visiting my mom. There is also a lot of activities for the residents daily, exercise programs, a salon and physical therapy too. The community comes in several times a week and sing, or provides musical entertainment of some type for the residents. They love this! They also take them shopping once a week and go for trips to see the fall colors in the canyon or to see a theatrical play, that and more. I trust the Charleston and my mothers' care more than any other place I've visited. This is the best assisted living facility ever!

Posted by anonymous44 June 23, 2011

This facility is absolutely gorgeous, something akin to a resort or 5-star hotel, just the sort of vacation-like facility that the residents have earned and deserved. The residents are treated so well that I think my friend is getting a little spoiled. She has everything she could need, especially friendship and close relationships with the staff and other residents. They have all sorts of activities. My friend was in raptures over a fashion show a week or so ago, entertained immensely by the employees. She's also mentioned something about an upcoming birthday party. I'm glad she's being treated so well. Her family no longer worries about her and neither do I.

Location of The Charleston at Cedar Hills

Features of The Charleston at Cedar Hills

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Lowest monthly rate: 2,275
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details