Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Phoebe Home

Posted by Caring72849850 August 30, 2014

The staff at Phoebe Home was very nice. They didn’t try to push me into getting it, that’s what a lot of them do; they left it up to me. They didn’t rush me at all and they answered any questions I had. It could have been a little better but I can’t complain because they were helpful when they can be. They’re so busy sometimes you didn’t get the attention that you really needed, but they were pretty good. I was really happy with them. The place is clean all the time. They’re always doing some sort of cleaning - mopping the floor, cleaning windows. It has a cheery environment and they’re so nice to the residents; anything they need, they help them right away. I like that about them and they listen. They have all of activities there. One day, they put them on a bus and off they went to see a movie. The residents were thrilled that they could get out of there for a while and go watch a movie. They do have bible studies too.

Posted by blackandblue May 14, 2013
1.0

My grandmother was admitted to Phoebe Home in Wernersville after leaving the hospital for a fall. She was not in a good state to begin with when leaving the hospital, and in my opinion, should not have left their care. However, even in the poor condition she was in, Pheobe Home accepted responsibility of her care (probably because they wanted the money). The staff did not give her the care she needed. They often did not know how she was doing when we came to visit and took an hour or more to get any answers. They did not clean her regularly and frankly, her condition very rapidly deteriorated while in the care of Pheobe Home's staff. Not even two days from being readmitted to the hospital my grandmother died. She was readmitted dehydrated, unconscious and with sores all over.

If they knew they did not have the time, the ability, or the facilities and equipment to properly care for my grandmother, then they should have done or said something rather than just let her waste away in her bed. What a horrible last few days she had at Pheobe Home.

And to add insult to injury, after my grandmother passed and we went to pick up her belongings at Pheobe Home (things that now had sentimental value because of her passing) they claimed her things were "lost" and offered to pay for the value. The value was priceless. We refused their money and their apology.

There are MUCH better care facilities than Pheobe Home at a MUCH more reasonable price. Do not take the chance of putting the life of your loved one into the care of Pheobe Home.

Posted by flan December 04, 2012
4.0

The staff is great. They really care quite a bit, and they're tireless in their devotion. They get to know the names of all the visitors, and they take good care of the residents. The grounds are nice, and there is plenty to do inside Phoebe home. There are plenty of activities, and there are plenty of cats! The cat thing seemed a little weird to me at first, but the residents love them, and it is pretty neat. Over the past two years, my grandma has needed a "feeder" to make sure that she is eating enough, and that is expensive and not covered by insurance. Aside from that, I have very few complaints. It is competitive to get into Phoebe, and an extended hospital stay outside of the home may cost you your place.

Posted by eae1987 October 06, 2012

My aunt dislocated her shoulder in a nasty fall last winter. She lived alone and far enough from family that it would be difficult for family members to stop in and look after her during the week. My family and I decided that it would be best for everyone if we placed my aunt in a nursing home temporarily. We didn't want a regular nursing home but wanted to find a place that would help her rehabilitate her shoulder. After doing a lot of research my brother and I decided on Phoebe Allentown as they offered a physical therapy program. My aunt ended up spending four months as an inpatient at Phoebe. The staff really went above and beyond to work with her and restore the full range of motion to her shoulder. The nurses that helped her with everything from medication to picking out matching outfits were always so cheerful and friendly. My aunt has always been somewhat introverted and the staff at Phoebe did a great job of getting her to socialize with other patients. She actually still keeps in touch with many of her friends from Phoebe. Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about this facility. Unlike many nursing homes I've looked at the staff here was well qualified and were all well educated medical professionals with great attitudes. Everything from the day-to-day care, to the physical therapy, to the well balanced, nutritionally sound menus were extremely high quality. I visited my aunt many times during her stay and she was always so cheerful and happy. She really enjoyed her stay there and I appreciate everything that the staff did to make her feel so comfortable in a difficult time. I would highly recommend this facility for short term or long term care.

Posted by bmw5029 May 01, 2012
4.0

My father was the person staying at this facility for a bit to recover from surgery for brain cancer. My father had no complaints about the facilities and my mother, who visited everyday for his stay, thought the same. Her only actual complain seemed to be cost - however, I really think that you get what you pay for in this sort of area. He had a single room with amenities such as an HDTV and lots of chairs for guests. Although his stay was short, it was indeed a pleasant one. When I visited, I found the staff to be helpful and kind. The facilities look very nice on the inside and outside. Meals were average for an assisted living facility. I didn't hear any complaints but there weren't many compliments on them.As a visitor, close parking and an easily found location are important to me also. This location is easy to find and has plenty of parking for guests. I would recommend this facility to anyone who needs assistance for a loved one.

Location of Phoebe Home