Cost

Starting at $2,045/mo.*; $2,095/mo.* (ALZ)

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Emeritus at Allentown

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Reviews of Emeritus at Allentown

Posted by Connie35 August 24, 2014
4.0

I was also very pleased with Emeritus at Allentown. Emeritus was smaller and clean, but it was an older building. Emeritus was more reasonable. The people looked like they’re happy there; I even spoke to some people. I imagined that the gentleman who showed me around was the manager. He was very well-informed. I saw someone leading a physical activity for the residents -- he was playing a game with the seniors. I didn’t taste any of the food, but I saw them eating and I also saw where the meals are served. Emeritus would be a better fit for my mom because it has dementia care, so they have different floors. They have assisted living, so if she went in now she would go to that section. If her dementia worsens, they have a special floor for dementia where people would get more help. I thought that place was also very nice. I was impressed with the place. Again, I would recommend it to anybody who is looking for this type of place for their loved one.

Posted by Lena4 July 31, 2014

Emeritus at Allentown is very a nice place and very clean, but the residents are kind of out of my league because they are much older than me. The rooms are beautiful and the staff were very nice.

Posted by travels May 31, 2014
1.0

DO NOT PUT FAMILY IN THIS FACILITY. Our parents were in Green Meadows for 2 years. What a nightmare! Originally, it seemed ideal. The staff showed us around and told of all the wonderful activities that they had for the residents. Well, in 2 years, the biggest 'activity' they did was to go to resturants. There were no 'activities. The parents began to hide out in their room. The room began to smell. No matter what we said or the DOCTOR ORDERED, the staff either would not or could not be relied on to comply. All of this for an outlandish amount of money. I am a Registered Nurse and our best day was the day we moved the parents OUT of here. (they give you limited time to remove furnishings even though you are paying for an additional month). Poor staffing/poor food quality.

Posted by caregiver-in-home-ca May 30, 2014
4.0

I went to Emeritus at Allentown for a visit. They were able to show me a model room, which had furniture in it, and there was nothing that looked institutional. The grounds were well kept. The appearance in the lobby was well kept. The staff were wonderful. Their food was good, and they had a nice menu.

Posted by Caring84495450 May 11, 2014

Emeritus at Allentown was one of the names that came up in my search, and they contacted me. Mom is in the memory care ward, and they are very good with activities and the care that they give to her. They keep the place very clean. I have no complaints or anything. They just do a very good job. The staff are very professional. The woman who is in charge of the memory care ward is extremely caring. I like her a lot, and I think she is doing a wonderful job down there. Mom is in a shared room, and it is a very nice, very big, and spacious room. Each room has its own private bath and shower. They have a nice dining room with tablecloths, napkins, and silverware. They do bingo, they do name that tune, they do arts and crafts. They also take them out for a little trips. I would recommend this facility.

Posted by Jeff16 January 18, 2014
3.0

Emeritus at Allentown was clean but in comparison to the other facility I looked at, it had a stale atmosphere. My mom has a little bit of Alzheimer's, but it wasn't a place where I would put her in. They did have an Alzheimer's section downstairs and, to me, I just didn't like the atmosphere there. As a whole, it wasn't a bad place, but, to me, for our needs, it was an old facility. A big part of the problem I think is that it is a very old building, but I think they could cheer it up some more and make it nicer in the inside. They could try to change the atmosphere, e.g., change the dŽcor. Their rooms were clean and of nice size. They were good as well. The dining room upstairs was very nice and decorated nicely. It did have a very nice atmosphere. However, the dining room at the lower level, it wasn't as nice. They did have a nice selection of activities for their residents, e.g. arts and crafts, board games, etc. The staff was very helpful.

Posted by nzfrederi December 09, 2012
1.0

My mother moved into Green Meadows 2 1/2 years ago. At that time, it was an excellent facility. Green Meadows was purchased by Emeritus and since the purchase there has been a steady decline at the facility. The decline is seen in the physical structure, management or should I say lack of management of the facility, very poor quality of food, poor quality of stimulation and activities and continual theft of personal property from residents. I am sad to report that there is now a decline in the medical attention given to my mother. Talking to management is pointless. Nothing ever changes. I am in communication with Emeritus Corporate Headquarters trying to resolve many issues. My mother is 91 with mild dementia. Moving her will be a major set back so I am trying to correct the problems. I am losing hope and feel a move may be necessary. At this point, I could not recommend this facility to anyone. There are far better communities in the Lehigh Valley.

Posted by STAY AWAY FROM HERE December 08, 2012
1.0

I would like to begin by saying don't put anyone in this place they say they are committed to your family there not they are only committed to the mighty dollar they talk a good game at the beginning once you sign it's all over from there. They no longer no who you are all they are is a bunch of used car salesmen. The care on the memory floor is horrible, they don't have the residents doing anything they hurdle them likes cows to the dinning room and then back to the gathering room where they sit likes a bunch of logs the past few times I visited no activities were being done. These are still people that need to have there minds stimulated even if they really can't it still makes them feel good. The rooms are awful for what they charge a month you would think the conditions would be a lot nicer. The curtains are awful the blinds are dirty the rooms smell they are dark and dismal. The staff is horrible there are a few caring ones but other than that they are terrible. My pets get better care when they go to the vet!I hated to give this place a rating at all it doesn't deserve one. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

Posted by Caring097 July 27, 2012

All the nurses and the staff were outstanding. The quality of care and support they gave were phenomenal. I would highly recommend this community to others.

Posted by stample_86 June 02, 2012

My great aunt really seems to be in a caring, warm, and secure environment at Emeritus. She has got to know several of the other residents and joins in activities and clubs monthly. The caretakers recognize individuality, choices, and they treat the residents with dignity. They wanted to get to know our family as well to offer support and solutions for my great aunts condition. The staff also provides programs to recover and nurture those affected with diseases of the mind. Inside the building there is a library, large dining room, spacious sitting area, and TV rooms. The living quarters look to be beautifully decorated and organized rooms with full baths, prepared beds, furniture, seating arrangements, and large windows for perfect outside viewing. The outside of the facility is well maintained and next to a residential area with parks, fairgrounds, restaurants, shops, and landmarks of the city. It is great to know that there are plenty of outside and off-site excursions. Overall my family is very pleased with Emeritus Senior Living, it's staff/management as a whole.

Posted by eleganto March 26, 2012
1.0

If you want to spend lots of money on low-quality care, this is the place for you! Otherwise, be good to your senior citizen and look elsewhere!

Posted by Giganti January 19, 2012

Friendly, extremelyt helpful in answering questions. Very positive attitude regarding guests. Projected a "can do" attitude and a very caring and knowledgeable regarding the care of seniors who need help.

Posted by smschoch June 25, 2010

To Plsread

Plsread, I wish I could get in contact with you. I am going through issues with the memory care unit at this time. Mom gets sent out continually to have meds adjusted. Very little interaction is seen when we visit. Little concern over gathering personal items and returning them to the resident. Most times everyone is sitting around like a bump on a log or sleeping. No stimulation, no activities, NO MUSIC. There should be music being played in that unit at all times. I have read enough to know this is important for their stimulation. Mom is still there and I am taking chances by being upfront about the problems. Family meeting was a joke. Requested meeting with GM along with the doctors and was told the family does not interact with the doctor. Huh! As POA I want interaction with all parties. They called to let me know mom was seeing the doctor the other day. When the doctor was done I expected to talk with the doctor. Well it was not the doctor but a certificed registered nurse practitioner that was seeing mom. I don't even know if this person works for the doctor that comes in. GM is skating on thin ice with DPW at this time. They have a two year probationary period regarding issues related to care and staffing. This is documented, just google Green Meadows Allentown violations. No care plan has been discussed with the family members and now they are suggesting hospice care for someone that I don't believe is anywhere near ready for those services. Tomorrow may be an intersting day talking at GM with the hospice representative. Plsread - I would love to know where you are placing your mom now.

Posted by plsread June 22, 2010
1.0

Do not put your loved one here!

They promised us activities, loving care, good food and stimulation. Our loved one received none of these. We had to rescue our loved one because she was loosing too much weight and was always horribly bruised.

Location of Emeritus at Allentown