Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Fountains at Washington House

The Fountains at Washington House in Alexandria VA is rental retirement community that offers a continuum of care: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing on a campus that bristles with all the excitement of the Washington DC setting. Choose from a variety of spacious studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom residences. Meals are enjoyed restaurant style, with optional wine service. Our wellness clinic staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we have Medical Director on staff. Dentist, podiatrist, optometrist and psychologist services are available on site. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and The Fountains at Washington House offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

The Fountains at Washington House Housing Types Offered

Housing Types: Studios, 1 Bedroom Apartments 2 Bedroom Apartments

The Fountains at Washington House Outside Care

Allows outside homecare/home healthcare services: Yes
Transportation to doctor's appointments & local area attractions: Yes

The Fountains at Washington House Rooms Features

Rooms Features: Utilities Included, Wheel Chair accessible, Full Kitchen

The Fountains at Washington Community Features

Community Featuress: TV Room, Beauty Parlor, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Clubhouse, Housecleaning, Computer Room, Pharmacy, Parking, Fitness Center, Billiards, Hobby Area/Workshop, Greenhouse/Garden, Guest Speakers, Volunteer Programs

Reviews of The Fountains at Washington House

Posted by Primobabe June 26, 2014

My mother, an Alzheimer's patient, has been at this facility for two years. Her experience has always been wonderful. She moved-in as an assisted living resident with a low level of care. Because WH offers five tiers of care, a person can truly age in place as a condition advances and the individual declines. Now, my mother's in the final stages of her disease, living on WH's skilled nursing facility (nursing home) floor. She continues to receive excellent care and the best treatment. She beams with delight when one of the nurses or CNAs enters her room (which is often), because she loves and trusts them.

Posted by Grand1 October 05, 2013
1.0

My grandmother has lived in assisted living in this facility for many years. All was fine until she began to deteriorate physically. She may be irritable but she pays over $8000.00 a month and I don't see the clinical aides assisting her to the bathroom on a regular basis or taking her to meals. Recently when the family visits( 3-4 times a week) for 4-5 hours each time the staff drops in to say hi but no one offers her assistance. The actual nursing staff, which is minimal, is kind and knowledgeable and willing to listen to family concerns but some of the aides are not engaged in their jobs and gave a lack of commitment to the residents and their needs.

Posted by Stephanie13 August 01, 2013
2.0

I visited The Fountains at Washington House and it had not been updated. The kitchen was in terrible state. The bathroom was okay but not good. They had no washers and driers in their apartments. But they had a big closet space. The people I saw were friendly and nice and I do liked the location. They had several activities. They had exercise room and beauty shop. They served one meal a day. I really couldn't recommend it.

Posted by JC in NC July 17, 2013
4.0

My 92-year-old mother has been an independent living resident at TF@WH since early 2010.

The management and staff do a marvelous job of seeing to the interests, entertainment and needs of their residents. Every facility of this nature goes thru changes, but at TF@WH, all of those have been very positive.

My mother's very hard to please, but everything that can be done for her is done for her at TF@WH. That's a real comfort to her family, for none of us live in the NOVA area.

Posted by Lovely Anette June 26, 2013

My sister-in-law lived at The Fountains at Washington House. The facility was clean. The rooms was fine, but she kept it fairly dark because she did not want the lights on. The nurses talked to us nicely and they said they try to get her to come down the hall and eat and she wouldn't. I thought the place is very nice. If my sister-in-law just wandered out into the hallway, she would have seen it was. It seemed to be a friendly atmosphere.

Posted by Abe 1 November 02, 2012

The Fountains is close to my daughter and my son. It's in Washington DC, so there are lots of things to do.

Posted by Helena Egounis October 23, 2012

This assisted living facility was the best option for me and, of course, for my mother. She is 78 years old and she needed someone to take care of her, because neither I nor my husband could do that anymore, as we were very busy with our jobs and with our son. The Fountains at Washington House offered us the possibility to look after her indirectly and this was very useful for us. The people who took care of her were very experienced and they were also very pleasant people. My mother really enjoyed talking with them, especially about her hobby, cooking. Also, there were many other facilities that made her very happy, even she was not with her family, but in an unknown place for her. I have to thank The Fountains at Washington House because of their attention and care for my mother and all her needs. This Assisted living facility helped me and I would also recommend it for people who need it.

Posted by SmithSVS October 18, 2012
4.0

This is the Ritz of the assisted living facilities. They provide excellent service and the employees are very kind. They have all kinds of doctors over there which are specialists in their fields. You feel as if you have entered the Buckingham Palace once you have entered the facility. A simple one bedroom apartment feels like a Presidential Suite and you feel that you are the king of the universe when you stand in the balcony. They have a number of facilities over there including a full sized kitchen. They have workshops, snooker tables and a fitness centre/gymnasium over there. They even have a computer room, club house, garden and a beauty parlour in there! They have a cozy library too where you can lie down on a really soft carpet. All together, you feel you're home. The only problem can be a bit more cash that you have to shell out but i'll make sure that when i grow old, that is the facility I will be admitted to.

Posted by Parma July 29, 2012
1.0

I selected The Fountains for my mother because of its cost & it is one of the few senior facilities with full kitchens n the independent living area. My opinion changed once my mother moved in. First, the staff immediately began increasing the level of "required" services thus increasing the fees. Bookkeeping is borderline criminal -- nearly every monthly bill had erroneous charges. When my mother went into The Fountains "skilled nursing" center, it took the intervension of an outside agency assesment to get her released to her Independent Living apartment -- I believe it was because The Fountains was receiving two payments as long as she was in "Skilled Care" (Medicare for Skilled care plus the rent on her apartment). Two fundamental problems: 1) corporate drive for profits; and 2) management's belief that the employees are the customer vice the residents.

Posted by nonstop June 24, 2012
4.0

The facility is clean, the people are friendly and very caring. It's not perfect, but at best It is a place you can have some comfort in knowing that your loved ones are in good hands.

Posted by Anand1 May 23, 2012

The most important thing we have found out when we visited this place is that they do not require entrance fee unlike many other facilities. We were also looking for some place that included skilled nursing facility and The Fountains has this. The price range is also okay.

That staff was alright. They showed us around and gave us a brochure. They had a gym but I don't know what else they had. The person we spoke to was very informative and helpful, and for me that was the most important thing. I would recommend people to visit this place and see whether this place would meet their needs.

Posted by Chris Carter November 19, 2011
4.0

My grandmother is a resident of The Fountains at Washington House. I was initially skeptical when my dad persuaded her to go an assisted living facility but it turned out to be a great idea. My grandmother has been losing her memory for the last few years. She was used to having someone to talk to, but then my grandfather died unexpectedly. The Fountains at Washington House has facilities dedicated to preserving the memory of its elderly residents. Additionally, The Fountains at Washington House has an on-site medical staff that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Since my grandmother has become a resident of The Fountains at Washington House, she has become much more in touch with reality. I think this is largely due to the exciting classes offered there which help improve the residents mentally and physically. The facilities are well maintained and very handicap friendly. I also like how close this community is to Washington D.C.. My grandmother has been on several groups into the city to see several museums that she had never had the change to get to see before. All-in-all, I was very impressed with The Fountains at Washington House and my grandmother is quite happy there.

Location of The Fountains at Washington House