Cost

Starting at $3,995/mo. - $7,150/mo. (ALZ)

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Atria Shaker

At Atria Shaker, we understand how important it is for our residents to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. Whether it's walking through the historic state capital, taking in a Broadway-style show or simply relaxing in the private garden, we encourage residents to take an active role in the community and enjoy everything that Atria Shaker has to offer. Plus, as a Retirement and Assisted Living community, there's always someone around to lend a helping hand should the need arise. We're close to some of the region's largest shopping malls and recreational areas, including The Berkshire, Catskill and Adirondack Mountains. We also have a Life Guidance neighborhood designed to provide residents who have Alzheimer's or other memory impairments with the special security and attention they need to feel safe, comfortable and connected to their environment.

Atria Shaker offers the following services:

• On-site movie theater
  • Emergency call and security systems
  • Attentive and caring staff responsive to each resident's needs
  • Delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant style three times a day
  • Customized personal assistance plans
  • Housekeeping and laundry services available
  • A variety of daily activities to suit individual preferences
  • Private dining room for family dinners and special events
  • Beautiful panoramic view of Albany area
  • Scheduled transportation to medical appointments and shopping centers
  • Day trips to attractions such as The Saratoga Race Track and the Adirondack Mountains
  • Rates include utilities, transportation, housekeeping, social and cultural activities
  • Wii system available to residents (Nintendo® and Wiiâ„¢ are trademarks of Nintendo of America, Inc.)
  • Pets welcome
  • Retreat/temporary stays

Atria Senior Living Group, the nation's fourth largest assisted living owner-operator, provides respectful, quality care that helps more than 14,000 older people live life to the fullest. Atria communities are not nursing homes; rather, they are active communities where seniors can get the care they need to live as independently as possible. At the heart of Atria's approach is our belief that superior care depends on running a superior business. That's why Atria has developed some of the industry's most stringent measurement tools and comprehensive training protocols.

Reviews of Atria Shaker

Posted by Kevin9 March 31, 2014

Atria Shaker is a wonderful facility. It is new and bright with more light and more color. It's also very clean with lots of activities for the seniors to do. The whole board was full of activities. My wife and I went there on Christmas Eve just to see what the activities were, and we wanted to see what was going on.

Posted by Caring76377950 December 27, 2013
4.0

Atria Shaker was a very pleasant facility. I had an excellent tour. Their rooms were very nice. They did have lots of different activities for their residents. It was a wonderful facility, but it was just the cost issue for me.

Posted by Caring76031450 December 24, 2013
4.0

Atria Shaker was recommended to us by friends. Everything there is fine but there's not too much place for residents to walk around there. The staff is fine as well and for the most part, the food is very good. Their activities are good. They're mostly word games. I think they could improve on that by having more outdoor physical activities when the weather is nice.

Posted by Debbie48 October 17, 2013

I choose Atria because they let my mom stay with my dad despite in her condition with dementia. The staff is very friendly and cooperative. Everything is up to par. They have tons of activities to keep them occupied. They also have trips. They have an ambassadors program where they help new residents mingle with the people. I like that they have an open door policy.

Posted by HenryLilith October 16, 2013
3.0

My parents both lived here for awhile. Head Nurses and Executive Directors kept quitting. Depending on who was in charge, the staff and activities were wonderful. By the time we left, the Executive Director was firing every employee that was wonderful. He was a young kid promoted beyond his abilities and the entire facility suffered due to his desire to have his friends work there over the veteran excellent employees. So, overall, a wonderful place DEPENDING ON THE STAFF THERE AT THE MOMENT. They will make promises to you to get you to move in that once there, they can not keep.

Posted by Caring73073950 October 11, 2013
4.0

Atria Shaker very nice. The rooms were big. The doorways were wider and brighter. The dining room was nice. The staff were very, very helpful. They tried everything to help me get my dad there, but he just got too bad too quickly.

Posted by JanDones October 13, 2012
4.0

The staff, from what my grandmother says, are wonderful and they've been nothing but friendly around me. They are always available when they are needed and they never seem overbearing. The staff allows my grandmother to exert her full independence while providing the family with a sense of comfort, just in case.There are several reasons that Atria stands from other assisted living facilities. For one, Atria allows pets which meant my grandmother could keep her cat after the move. The facility provides transportation to seniors to and from appointments and shopping trips. Additionally, there are constant activities and outings which aid in keeping the seniors active throughout the year. There are frequent day trips provided through the facility and their transportation allows the residents access of bus trips provided by other companies. Overall, Atria is a great facility. They provide seniors with a sense of independence as they experience their golden years. My grandmother seems happy to live there and as long as she's happy, the rest of our family is too.

Posted by yng May 06, 2012
4.0

We visited the place when were looking for a place my mom. The place was lovely, people were great but a bit expensive for my father to afford. But they like it. The quality of food is ok.

Location of Atria Shaker