Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Abingdon Manor Home For Adults
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by JL July 24, 2011
2.0

I live close by and have visited this site several times over the last couple of years. I would have to agree with the previous review. Definately needs some work before I would recommend to my family. The staff seem to be working extremely hard, as if they are always shorthanded. The staff is now all in scrubs, with the exception of a few(free help) that are working thru a program the jail system has conditioned. Only once, have I seen the manager on duty, out of 5+ visits. It is a shame, because Abingdon, VA is such a great location for this type of business. If someone would put some TMC(Time, Money, and Care) into this site, I believe they could get at full capacity in less than a year. A more detailed rating:

Environment: 2 stars Management: 0 stars Staff: 4 stars Cleanliness: 3 stars Decor: -1 stars

Overall: 1.5 stars

JL

Abingdon Manor Home For Adults
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by abby2010 July 13, 2011
3.0

Abingdon Manor has obviously seen better days, at least as far as the building goes. Some attempt has been made to decorate it, but it needs quite a bit more to make give it a more home-like environment. Of all the staff I encountered there, only one was wearing scrubs; the others had on just street clothes making them hardly distinguishable from the residents except for obvious age and mobiity differences. However, the environment was clean and orderly, although lacking in air conditioning. The staff seemed to interact well with the residents, who were themselves fairly clean and neat and seemed to have no overt complaints. The manager was conspicuous by her absence.

Location of Abingdon Manor Home For Adults