Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

About Daybreak

Daybreak is an assisted living facility in Abilene, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Daybreak for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Reviews of Daybreak

Average Rating: 3.0 based on 1 Review

Daybreak
64px-hh6b80fd52d1
Posted by RCT January 17, 2012
3.0

My brother, who is mentally disabled, lived in this facility for a time. In my experience, it seemed to be hit or miss as to how good it was, depending on the staff. I felt like some staff members were really kind and good to my brother; others were ambivalent at best and cruel at worst. There were several staff members whom my brother really enjoyed; they took him places in the community, treated him with kindness, and cooked him his favorite foods. I felt that sometimes they relied too much on my family to advocate for my brother rather than doing it themselves, simply because we were able to advocate and very involved in his life. Also, I did not like the fact that some staff members seemed to take my brother along as a passenger as they went about their own personal business. There is a fairly high rate of staff turnover.

Location of Daybreak