The Caregiver Honor Roll
More than 40 million people in the United States are providing unpaid care for an aging parent, spouse, or other loved one -- care that often takes a substantial emotional, physical, and financial toll on family caregivers. At Caring.com, we honor these unsung heroes and seek to create an involved community that can face the many challenges of caregiving together.
With our Caregiver Honor Roll, we hope to shine some light on the people and stories behind the statistics -- providing a glimpse into both the unique and the shared experiences of family caregivers.
Caregiver Honor Roll
November 2011 (National Family Caregiver Month) Honorees:
The November 2011 Caregiver Honor Roll was sponsored by MedicAlert.
The Caregiver Honor Roll was launched during National Family Caregivers Month in November 2010. Please share your support for those featured, and visit again to learn who we'll feature next!
Related Interviews about Caregivers and Caregiving
- Talking With Justice Sandra Day O'Connor: Battling Alzheimer's
- Talking With David Solie: Caregiving Mistakes and Lessons Learned
- Talking With Barbara McVicker: Caregiving in a Dysfunctional Family
- Talking With TV Personality Leeza Gibbons: Providing Support for Alzheimer's Caregivers
- Talking With Beth Witrogen: Caregiving as a Spiritual Journey
- Talking With Carol Levine: What Policymakers Can Do for Caregivers