Learn the risk factors for a heart attack and what a diagnosis of congestive heart failure really means. Plus: Get answers to frequently asked questions about heart concerns--or ask your own question.
People can live with heart failure for years or even decades. Know how to manage heart failure through medication, diet, proper care, and more.
Many people experience clues to heart trouble -- but don't recognize what they mean. Learn seven physical hints that you may need a heart checkup.
Atrial fibrillation, or A-fib, is a common heart condition that requires monitoring. Know when A-fib symptoms mean you should contact a doctor.
More About Heart Conditions
- Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation (A-fib)
- Top Triggers of Heart Failure Exacerbations
- 5 Surprising Ways Naps Improve Your Health
- Atrial Fibrillation (A-fib): Rhythm Control or Rate Control?
- How to Help Someone Live With Angina
- Kitchen Gadgets and Health
- What Is a Heart Attack?
- Atrial Fibrillation (A-fib): 5 Related Medical Problems
- NHLBI: Interview With Patrice Desvigne-Nickens
- 10 Questions to Ask After a Heart Attack
- Read more articles about Heart Conditions…
- How long can you live with only one side of your heart functioning?
- Will dialysis help someone with end-stage CHF?
- My grandmother is on a ventilator and has moderate heart failure. What does this mean?
- What is the life expectancy for someone with advanced congestive heart failure?
- What does "end stage" congestive heart failure mean for my mother?
- How can I help my dad become independent of care?
- Could my father die during angioplasty?
- Could a defibrillator cause my heart to race?
- Can a leaky heart valve cause heart failure?
- Will Dad be recovering from heart failure?
- Read more questions about Heart Conditions…
- Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop
- Why Are Men At Greater Risk Of Heart Attack?
- Who Else Would Give Up The Caregiver "Job" If You Could?
- The National Alliance for Caregiving is seeking family caregivers of veterans for a new study
- Husband's CHF has changed his personality and I'm so upset!
- My brother needs, but is angry about accepting help. What can I do for him?
- I feel like Dad should have more tests done, but the doctors say "no". Help!
- He's nearing the end and he's having nightmares - how can I help?