Falls and Dementia Solution Center
People with dementia fall more often and have more trouble reporting pain and injury. Choose the category below that best matches your needs right now.
My loved one has just fallen
- When to Call 911 or Get Same-Day Medical Attention After Someone With Dementia Falls
- Caring Checklist: What to Be Sure to Tell a Doctor After Someone With Dementia Falls
- Caring Checklist: What Doctors Should Evaluate After Someone With Dementia Falls
- FAQ: What should I tell the doctors in urgent care or the emergency room about the faller's dementia?
- FAQ: What should I be looking for after a fall to be sure my loved One is OK?
My loved one has been falling a lot
- 8 Smart Things to Do if Your Loved One With Dementia Has Been Falling
- FAQ: How do I know if my loved one with dementia is hurt after a fall -- even if he says everything's fine?
I'm worried about future falls
- 15 Ways to Help Someone With Dementia Avoid Falling
- FAQ: How do I keep my loved one from falling on his way to the bathroom at night?
- FAQ: Why does my loved one get dizzy when she stands up?
- FAQ: Alzheimer's is making my loved one shuffle; how can I prevent him from tripping and falling?