Specific rules for older drivers
- Drivers 75 to 85 must renew their license every 3 years; drivers older than 85 must renew every 2 years.
Standard driver's license renewal
- License renewed: Every 4 years for drivers age 18 to 74; every 3 years for those 75 to 85; every 2 years for drivers older than 85.
- Renewal conditions: In person. Online renewal availablefor drivers under 75.
- Vision test: Yes.
- Written test: No, unless license has been expired for more than 2 years or driver has six or more points accumulated for traffic violations.
- Road test: Only if there is a medical reason, or if license has been expired for more than three years.
For more information
Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles
100 N. Senate Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46204