Specific rules for older drivers
- Drivers 62 and over must renew in person, and every 4 years..
Standard driver's license renewal:
- License renewed: Every 4 years for those over age 62. Those 21 to 62 can choose between 4-year and 8-year renewals.
- Renewal conditions: Mail in or online every other cycle.
- Vision test: Yes, for in-person renewal.
- Written test: No, unless examiner thinks it necessary.
- Road test: If requested by DMV examiner, law enforcement agency, family member, or physician.
For more information
Idaho Division of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 7129
Boise, ID 83707-1129
208-334-8735 or 208-334-4443