Throat Cancer Questions
8 Question and Answer Results
- Constant clearing of the throat can mean many things like post nasal drip or even gastric reflux disease. Usually the cause is some sort of irritation of the esophagus, breathing tubes or throat against which the body makes mucous to protect itself...
- NO NOT AT ALL .he was ill before but there is no such thing abut him..........those who says he do....he is great singer a good mate of linkin park....u cannot say that think before u speak....!!!!!
- No, it's not genital herpes and throat cancer that are linked, it's a different sexually transmitted virus, genital HPV (warts), which is a major risk factor for cervical cancer. The virus is transmitted to the mouth and throat through oral sex, and rates of the infection are rising.
- I think it's fair to say that squamous cell throat cancer survival rates are more or less the same as survival rates for throat cancer in general, because squamous cell is by far the most common kind. It accounts for 90% or more of cases.
- The throat is a general term referring to a tube-like structure that is about five inches in length and is located directly behind the nose to just inferior to the vocal cords. The scientific or medical name for throat cancer includes both laryngeal and pharyngeal cancers. Other names refer to more specific anatomical segments of the pharynx...
- Yes, sadly, you can die from throat cancer. Your chances of survival are better the earlier you catch it. I found some details from the NIH, which says that 90% of people can be cured, if they get diagnosed in the early stages.
- Yes, the endoscopy throat cancer test is one of the most common strategies for diagnosing the illness. It's typically the first test you would do, unless the tumor is really big and can be felt from the outside.
- The throat cancer life expectancy really depends on the stage it's at when you find it. There's stage I, which is a pretty small tumor, less than 1 inch across, that's just in one place. I found on the NIH site that 90% of people at this stage can be cured!
If you don't see your answer:
- Post your own question for our experts and community to answer