51 Question and Answer Results
- Advair, which is an inhaled steriod known as a glucocorticoid, can affect osteoporosis. Steroids reduce new bone formation and can also affect the absorption of calcium in the blood. Oral steroids affect bone formation and calcium absorption at higher levels than inhaled steroids such as Advair...
- Chest pains aren't on the list of possible side effects. If you do get them it's probably a good idea to talk to your doctor about it.
- I know it wont if you just take it once a month or once every two or three months or something like that, but if you take too much of anything you will probably have problems such as lung infections and other things. I've never taken Advair and I'm not sure why people don't like it but I do know that...
- There is no indication that Advair has any adverse effects on ligaments. The most common side effects of Advair are associated with the respiratory and nervous systems (like wheezing or headaches and dizziness). There is research that suggests that Advair may be associated with joint pain and muscle soreness, but not specifically ligament damage...
- There is anecdotal evidence of muscle cramping, spasms, and pain from patients taking Advair. Patients report a cessation of the muscle problems after stopping Advair. There is no evidence of damage to the muscles. The FDA does not list muscle pain as a side effect.
- Smoking does not have a direct or indirect effect on Advair; however, smoking will aggravate the underlying condition for which you are being treated, whether asthma, emphysema, or bronchitis. You are able to smoke while using Advair, but the likelihood of you being required to use your short term rescue inhaler is high...
- Since there is no information about whether the two drugs in Advair, fluticasone and salmetrol, are excreted into breast milk, it is not a good idea to breastfeed while using the Advair inhaler. The company that produces Advair recommends that mothers who breastfeed do not use the drug, since the side effects in the nursing baby are unknown...
- Advair, a medication used to prevent asthma attacks. It is also used to prevent flare-ups or worsening of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) associated with chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema. Some of the common side effects of this medication include a suppressed immune system, osteoporosis, and may also affect high blood pressure...
- After looking at the side effects for Advair it shows that Advair does not cause acid reflux. If you are having problems with acid reflux contact your doctor because there are other medications that you can take to help you.
- My daughter started taking it a few years ago and as soon as she stopped taking advair her acne improved. I think there might be a link.
- No... Advair slightly increases the chance of asthma related death, because it can irritate the lungs. It can also cause increased blood pressure, changes in heart rate, osteoporosis, cataracts, and glaucoma.
- Yes, according to drugs.com, both the Advair Inhaler and Advair Diskus Powder list coughing as one of the side effects. The most common side effects are nervousness, nausea, dizziness, throat irritation, headache and vomiting.
- While everyone will not experience side effects from taking Advair, one of the possible side effects of Advair is depression. If you experience signs of depression while taking Advair you should immediately report this to you your physician.
- Numbness and tingling in the feet are one of the side effects of Advair. Foot swelling is uncommon but listed as a possible side effect in some cases.
- Advair does not cause Grave's Disease but one of the rare side effect is an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism). Graves' disease is the most common form of hyperthyroidism.
- Advair may cause hair loss but is more known for having the person who is taking it experience loss of smell. Also some people have been known to get a "gravely" voice from taking it.
- In my mind it can. Being a person who has severe asthma and takes advair on a regular basis.I know for myself that I did not ever have heartburn till I started taking this medication.It can be a side affect of taking Advair. There are so many diffent kinds of side affects that patients have had taking this drug...
- I always had extremely low blood pressure, low, to the point that at times, it was almost undetectable. This state was attributed to my lifestyle, I'm fit, I jog, and I abstain from meat, cheese, milk, & eggs.
- Yes, unfortunately hoarseness can be a negative side effect of this drug. I took Advair for 11 months and the hoarseness was the least of my concern. The diarrhea, shakes and nausea was far worse.
- Yes, Advair can cause leg cramps. In 3 - 5 percent of people Advair is known to cause muscle cramps or spasms.
If you don't see your answer:
- Post your own question for our experts and community to answer