Medical Care Covered by Medicaid
How Medicaid Works: Page 6
What medical care does Medicaid cover in all states?
Every state's Medicaid program covers basic medical care, to the same extent that Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B do. This includes:
- Inpatient hospital care
- Inpatient short-term skilled nursing- or rehabilitation-facility care
- Doctor services
- Outpatient hospital or clinic care
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Short-term home healthcare (provided by a home healthcare agency)
- Ambulance service
- Prescription drugs for people not covered by Medicare
For these basic services, neither Medicaid nor the healthcare provider may charge the patient any co-payment.