Preparing for a Visit to the Doctor
- Be prepared to briefly explain the care receiver's and the family's medical history.
- Take a list of questions in order of importance.
- Prepare a list of lung disease symptoms the person you care for is experiencing.
- Prepare a list of current medications and any allergies the person in your care has.
- Be prepared to ask for written information on the medical situation so you can better understand what the doctor is saying, or bring a small tape recorder.
- You can call the hospital's library or health resource center for help in looking up any questions the doctor does not answer.
NOTE: Be sure shots for tetanus, flu, and pneumonia are up-to-date. For those on Medicare, flu and pneumonia shots are covered.