Continuing Care Retirement Communities
This option is for people who want a range of services from independent living to nursing home care.
- These facilities provide a lifetime contract for care.
- They provide or offer meals and can handle special diets.
- They offer housekeeping, scheduled transportation, emergency help, personal care, and activities for fun and learning.
- Many retirement communities require entrance fees that can vary quite a bit.
- They also have monthly fees ranging from several hundred to several thousand dollars.
- Some provide home health care and nursing home care without extra fees.
- Some charge extra for nursing unit residents.