Breast Cancer Symptoms
Early detection matters. Learn the symptoms and risk factors for breast cancer.
Breast cancer is much more likely to be curable if the symptoms are caught early. In fact, early detection and diagnosis can make an enormous difference in prognosis and outcome. So it's worthwhile to be hypervigilant in watching for breast cancer symptoms and aggressive about asking for screening tests and checkups.
Here are the most common breast cancer symptoms, along with key risk factors.
Breast cancer symptoms
- A lump or thickening in the breast or underarm area
- Tenderness in the breast or nipple
- A change in breast or nipple shape
- Nipple discharge
- Red, swollen, or scaly skin on the breast or nipple
- Hot, sore, inflamed feeling in the breast