Treatment Options for Alzheimer's and Other Dementias
Although there's no cure for Alzheimer's disease or most other dementias, both drug and nondrug treatments can help improve the quality of life for many sufferers. Activities that provide mental stimulation and physical exercise have been shown to slow the rate of mental decline in many people, prolonging independence. Be sure to follow the latest news and research.
Although Alzheimer's and other dementias can't be cured, you can slow their progression. 5 ways to make a positive difference in a loved one's decline.
Practical ways to keep someone afflicted with Alzheimer's mentally engaged -- for the sake of her cognitive and emotional health.
Understand the types of Alzheimer's Medication, learn how Alzheimer's medications work, and discover what medications are most often prescribed for Alzheimer's disease.
More About Treatment Options for Alzheimer's and Other Dementias
- Slowing Alzheimer's Progress
- 3 Conditions That Can Masquerade as "Dementia Getting Worse"
- Middle-Stage Routine Health Care for Someone With Alzheimer's
- Dental Treatment for Alzheimer's Patients
- Why People With Dementia Need Daily Exercise
- What to Know Before You Join an Alzheimer's Disease Clinical Trial
- Staying Actively Involved in the Health Care of Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
- What to Know About Memory Disorder Centers
- 3 Smart Tips for Making Sure Someone With Dementia Takes Medications Properly
- Nontraditional Therapies to Help Someone With Alzheimer's
- Read more articles about Treatment Options for Alzheimer's and Other Dementias…
- Is there a drug alternative to Seroquel?
- How do I make sure my father with Alzheimer's remembers to take his medicines?
- Can my mom continue to drive if she taking Aricept?
- Which drugs cause memory loss?
- Is it common for Alzheimer's patients to have good and bad days with their memory?
- Are there any sleep aids that don't have side effects for dementia patients?
- Will discontinuing my mother's antidepressants accelerate her Alzheimer's?
- Could his fall have advanced his Alzheimer's?
- Can light therapy be beneficial for Alzheimer's patients?
- Is drug therapy the way to get Mom over the grief of losing her beloved dog?
- Read more questions about Treatment Options for Alzheimer's and Other Dementias…